Who we are ⚡
Zinc builds automated reference and background checking tools for forward-thinking companies that really care about candidate experience. Founded in 2017, Zinc has a unique approach to background checking, that’s redefining industry standards. We’re an early-stage startup going through rapid growth. Zinc offers an exciting opportunity within a small, tight-knit team that is motivated to get their best work from each other. Read more about our story here: https://zinc.work/about
We help customers put scalable checking processes in place that will give clear candidate insights and empower candidates. Our mission is to allow companies to become more efficient at hiring and create unforgettable candidate journeys by gifting candidates with ownership over their blockchain-backed checking data. We’re proud to be helping some of the most iconic employer brands in the UK hire. Read what our customers say about Zinc: https://zinc.work/customers
We’re a passionate product team that takes great pride in our perspective on data privacy and delightful product experiences.
We’re a culture first company, we have a daily 3pm tea break where we play games, our current favourite is called ‘what’s in my fridge’. But we’re known for some fearsome games of Monopoly Deal, Battleships and Ticket to Ride 😃
Zinc is a company built on transparency, empowerment and data ownership. We recently redefined our company values:
Life at Zinc is: Focused, Empowered and Trusted.
We’re looking for 👀
We’re looking for someone to join our small, early-stage team that wants to work in a generalist engineer role. This is a role that will be a demanding learning experience working in a fast-paced startup. This is a generalist developer role that is an opportunity for someone who would like to work on a progressive stack.
Zinc offers autonomy and a chance to influence an industry changing product. Working hands-on with the opportunity to focus on; prototyping & frontend development, backend development and testing. We are looking for someone who’s curious to learn.
We’re giving this fully remote thing a go, but we have a preference for someone that can travel to London to meet on a regular basis.
Your day to day 🗓
- Be a member of our technical team working to release regular iterations of the product.
- Hands-on development: expertise – analyse product specs, design implementations, write code and rapidly deliver features.
- Analysing the effectiveness of the app to take it to a high engineering spec.
- Write efficient, maintainable and reusable code.
- Write unit and functional tests for your code and write end to end tests.
- Actively contribute to the software development best practice.
- 9:45 stand-up calls and 3:30pm team tea breaks.
Your DNA 🧬
- Experienced JS programmer, competent with ES6
- Clean coding best practice, understanding different types of testing.
- Ability to navigate GIT: branching, merging and rebasing.
- Ability to implement good design principles and avoid anti-patterns.
- Understands how to navigate webpage components.
- A chance to learn Vue/Vuetify/Nuxt frameworks
- A chance to learn functional programming concepts (Typescript).
- Empathy and awareness to understand customer needs and spot opportunities.
- Entrepreneurial spirit – no job too big, no job too small.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, challenging, and dynamic environment.
We’re not looking for someone who’s worked with all of the above, or even heard of everything. We want to offer someone the opportunity to learn some and hopefully know some already too.
What we offer 🍉
Zinc offers a chance to work on a product which brings a fresh perspective on data ownership in hiring. Work hands-on across a wide set of areas, alongside the following perks:
- Team lunches and a fruit bowl (now a virtual fruit bowl)
- Apple laptop and latest tech gear for your home workstation.
- A government matched pension.
- Ability to develop and grow your career.
- A budget for team takeaways.
- A high level of autonomy.
Apply if you’re interested in finding out more, the process is 3 video calls with the team.