If you’re a natural storyteller with a flair for words – and a deep understanding of what makes content meaningful and relevant – This London based multi-award winning agency could be your ideal next move!
So what’s the job?
Speak Media, UK-based agency with 10 years experience producing best-in-class content for some of the world’s best-known brands, are looking for a senior content writer: They are experts at building and running agile brand newsrooms that connect top companies like Barclays, Aviva, O2 Telefonica, Freshfields and Royal Mail Group with their always-on audiences and stakeholders
Your role will be to help develop and deliver best-in-class content for Speak Media and its clients across all channels and media. You’ll support the managing editor in ensuring a flow of creative ideas and successful delivery of multi-channel content projects and mentoring junior members of the team.
Tell me more… 👀
The focus is on the written word, so editorial expertise is essential – but you’ll also be expected to contribute meaningfully to podcast and video projects.
Performance will be monitored against delivery of key responsibilities (see below) while overall success will be measured and incentivised in line with specific targets.
Working as part of Speak Media’s award-winning content team, your key responsibilities will include:
- Contributing fresh, innovative ideas to develop our content offering
- Researching and writing new content for multiple channels on a regular basis
- Promoting and curating content on social media using relevant tools e.g. Hootsuite
- Working with managing editor and/or head of content to devise editorial plans to support marketing and communications objectives
- Uploading/publishing content where required using relevant tools e.g. WordPress, GatherContent and other CMS-type tools
- Managing and updating editorial calendars using relevant tools e.g. Airtable
- Understanding and applying SEO to ensure online content is fully optimised
- Understanding and applying analytics to measure, report and improve on engagement, reach and other relevant metrics
- Overseeing and/or executing content editing, proofreading, fact-checking as required
Do I fit the bill? 🕵️
These are the essential requirements:
- 2+ years’ experience as a writer/editor in content marketing or related fields (e.g. Journalism, Public Relations, SEO, Social); the ideal candidate will also have experience delivering client content in a content/creative/digital agency
- A natural curiosity and infectious passion for storytelling
- Excellent organisational skills, a process-driven approach to workflow management, and a collaborative leadership style
- The ambition to deliver purpose-driven content for clients, with measurable results
- The ability to develop creative, original editorial ideas in response to corporate and B2B communications briefs – ideally with experience within financial services and/or healthcare sectors
- Proven experience in contributing to world-class written, audio and video content that drives engagement and demand across digital channels
- Experience of developing ideas, creating plans/calendars, progressing content, and coordinating sign-off with stakeholders
- An awareness of the legal/regulatory/governance/data issues that affect content creation on behalf of clients (e.g. brand guidelines, GDPR)
- A basic understanding of SEO and keyword research, content discovery, technology, and platforms
- The ability to analyse content performance using standard reporting platforms (GA, Adobe), reporting back to clients, and determining how to make changes optimise performance
- Experience with collaboration/project management platforms such as Basecamp and Airtable
The exciting bits!
- Competitive salary: £27-33k depending on experience – plus long-term incentive scheme 💰
- Full annual membership of private members’ club including gym 🏋️
- Hybrid working model with central London location for ‘in-office’ days
- Vitality private healthcare insurance including 24/7 online access to GP
- 25 days paid holiday 🏖️
- Personal development plan with individual £500 annual training budget to support continuous learning and progression 📚
- Access to Speak’s ‘Ecosystem of Excellence’ (regular sessions with a leadership coach aimed at developing future agency leaders) 😍
- Apple Macbook laptop & home-working essentials pack for every new starter 💻
- Apple News+ subscription for premium content access ✔️
- Tax-free bikes and tech via Cyclescheme/Techscheme 🚴
- Wider Wellbeing platform – with a range of health and lifestyle services plus discounts on high-street and online brands 🤸
The key details
📍 Location: Hybrid working model with central London location for ‘in-office’ days
💰 Salary: £27-33k depending on experience – plus long-term incentive scheme
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at Speak Media 🛍️
“We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team where people can be themselves, thrive and develop – with equal opportunities for all regardless of race, colour, ethnic or national origins, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or age.”
So, what are the next steps? ✏️
- Apply via Feisty so your application is sent straight to the employer.
- Pre-qualification questionnaire
- Short telephone interview
- Benchmarking task
- Final face to face interview
|Founded in 2011, Speak Media’s mission is to help companies find and tell the stories that matter. Our unique, newsroom-powered approach to brand content has garnered more than 20 industry awards and led to long-term partnerships with a range of FTSE-500 firms|