Startup developing cutting edge drone technology
Full details here: bit.ly/30Fbdw3
And in Linkedin: https://bit.ly/34Jvn9F
We are seeking an Operations Manager to run our testing and customer flight program. Reporting to the COO, the successful candidate will have full responsibility for the planning and day-to-day delivery of both our in-house testing program and our end client operations. It should be noted that we will not be performing our end client operations ourselves. We are partnering with drone service providers (our clients) who will provide the pilots and execute the missions. Our role will be to obtain regulatory permissions for the flights, train the pilots in the use of our systems, assist in running the operations safely and effectively, providing technical support as and when required, and developing our system further as we better understand their needs.
Client Operations: The planning, oversight, and day to day delivery of our end client operations.
● Agreeing operational requirements in collaboration with the end client, and the drone service provider.
● Maintaining good relationships and communication with all parties involved, to ensure we exceed expectations.
● Development and delivery of training to pilots in the use of our system.
● Drone fleet management (overseeing supply, maintenance and updates of the drones used in our operations). 1
● Supervision (on site supervision of the operations on behalf of sees.ai)
● Safety (Ensuring our Operations Manual is up to date and followed, and managing on-site safety such as PPE, signage, cordons, barriers, etc.)
● On-site procedures (Establishing the requirements to operate on site, doing a site survey, finding out security requirements, weather checks, etc).
● Logistics (Transport of equipment and personnel to site, ensuring the core equipment such as drones, batteries, spares, tools, comms equipment is ready, etc)
● Technical support (Helping the drone-service providers with any queries, organising issue-resolution with the engineering team).
Regulations: This role will require active and detailed involvement in the development of our Operations Manual, and obtaining permissions to operate from the CAA for our test and client flights:
● Ensuring our Operations Manual is accurate, consistent and deliverable by the end users.
● Ensuring the requirements of the Operations Manual are met (e.g. logs, checks, safety procedures, pilot training, etc.)
● Feeding back learning from tests into our processes and development program.
● Applying for permissions from the CAA for new client operations.
● Assisting drone service providers in achieving permissions using our system.
In House Testing: Working in partnership with the engineering team to plan and execute testing of our system for engineering development and signoff.
● Building, maintaining and updating our drones.
● Inventory management and planning.
● Writing test plans.
● Executing tests, including piloting the drones.
● Updating logs, and records as required by our operations procedures.
Team Management: Whilst the role will not have any direct reports on day 1, we are planning further hires in this area, and would expect the successful candidate to lead this hiring process and manage the operational team as it expands. Miscellaneous tasks: As a start-up we all wear many hats and take on many roles aside from our main areas of responsibility.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
We hope the successful candidate will have experience in most of these areas:
● Strong (ideally 5-years or more) experience in on the ground operational delivery in a similar / relevant area.
● Background in drone piloting and operations.
● Drone (or other robotics) build and development.
● Project management experience, including client requirements definition, resource management, budget management, time management.
● Personnel leadership / management experience. We understand that finding everything in one person may not be possible, so we’ll consider candidates that have experience in some areas and are keen to develop in others The successful candidate will also show the following personal attributes:
● A passion for robotics and drones, and their use to help business and society.
● A passion to exceed a client’s expectations and deliver a project on time and budget.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. To represent us when engaging with regulators, partners and clients.
● Naturally organized and great attention to detail.
● Agility to cope with change and tackle new roles if necessary.