We are looking for a PR Account Executive to join our team (reporting to the Account Manager).
We are a full service communications agency, offering PR, content marketing, social media, training and design.
Through committed client relationships, an understanding of related specialist areas and current affairs, you will apply a variety of tactics to raise the profile of your clients, bolster their brand reputation, and position them as experts in their field.
You will have the scope to make your mark within the agency, yet will be supported by a ‘safety net’ of advice and directional guidance from your managers.
- Have an understanding of ‘the bigger picture’ of our clients’ industry/products/services
- Contribute to a regular and ongoing PR plan and ensure it is kept up to date
- Undertake and action tasks to ensure the PR plan is executed to agreed standards, suggesting ideas in line with current events / market conditions / industry developments / the client’s needs and priorities
- Contribute creative ideas to the rest of the PR team
- Show an awareness of national and international current events and developments within fields of relevance and their implications for our company and clients’ business fields
- Review all relevant media and other sources of information to develop own knowledge of clients’ relevant subject areas and update the team accordingly e.g. via team emails and/or contributions during team meetings.
- Draft press releases, reactive comments, blogs, social media comments and thought leadership articles to a consistently high standard
- Modify work and incorporate suggested changes within agreed timescales/ deadlines
- Use written language skills to inform, persuade and communicate messages effectively
- Regularly contribute to our company blog
- Speak confidently and clearly during meetings, presentations and new business pitches
- Use social media tools to interact and monitor developments with clients, the media and other professionals, sharing insights with the wider team.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with clients, engaging with them on a day to day basis
- Confidently discuss creative ideas with clients on calls and in face-to-face meetings
- Respond promptly and effectively to client queries or problems, referring any issues to an Account Manager promptly
- Understand and constantly bear in mind the client’s brief, services they require, key objectives and metrics that indicate success
- Proactively prepare clear agendas and contact reports for client meetings and distribute these in a timely manner, according to company standards
- Prepare comprehensive client reports according to company standards and within agreed timescales
Working with the Media
- Understand and action relevant opportunities to secure coverage that is relevant and of a high quality
- Report any successes/concerns regarding press coverage to Account Managers / Directors
- Proactively manage and update relevant and targeted press lists according to the needs of the client / campaign
- Consistently monitor relevant media for PR opportunities for clients, industry developments and creative angles
- Track upcoming features/editorial calendars to pitch clients for relevant opportunities
- Regularly analyse and evaluate media coverage to ensure targets are met
- Organise and attend press meetings with relevant media and follow-up afterwards to maximise the opportunity
- Pitch news stories and features to the media accurately and effectively, on phone and email
- Understand who key journalists are and proactively build and maintain relationships with them through regular phone and email contact
- Arrange and attend press meetings with clients/relevant journalists
- Work with the PR team to create a social media strategy for clients
- Work with SAEs/AMs to analyse competitors’ social channels to build a picture of the social media landscape within a client’s sector
- Help SAEs/AMs to Identify core influencers (bloggers/vloggers) within a client’s sector that we can engage with for influencer marketing and brand building activities
- Support the AMs/ADs with social media crisis plans where appropriate
- Proactively provide the team with support as required, including preparation and research for new business pitches
- Proactively support your manager, suggesting new ideas and questioning thinking where appropriate
- Foster good relationships with all internal departments and cross-functional teams
- Support the development of other team members by sharing relevant experiences
- Refer to senior team members for advice and support.
- Open to graduates and/or those with experience.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of PR industry.
- Aware of changing industry trends
- Solid understanding of Social Media
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with relevant press
- Enjoy working with clients – able to build and maintain positive client relationships and have a sound understanding of their products/services and market sectors
- An interest or experience in writing/ journalism/ financial services would be a plus as writing is involved
- A competitive salary
- A defined contribution pension scheme with Royal London
- Interest-free loans for railcards and bikes
- 25 days holiday allowance, which increases to Unlimited Paid Holiday after 3 years, plus additional days off from Christmas Eve through to New Year’s Day
- An extra day of paid holiday to celebrate your birthday, and another to celebrate your anniversary at our company
- Private health cover provided through Health Shield
- A monthly allowance to spend on wellbeing with HEKA
- An iPhone and laptop for work use
Location: London (Currently Remote)
Rostrum is a full service communications agency, offering PR, content marketing, social media, training and design.
We position our clients as influential thought leaders by creating and sharing engaging content that highlights their expertise and strengthens their brand in the market.
We achieve this goal by combining our deep industry knowledge of the sectors we serve with unrivalled media relationships and a commitment to excellence in everything we do.
Rostrum puts a lot of time and effort into developing our employees. We’ve committed to investing a generous annual training budget for every employee, and we also do monthly, 6 month and yearly appraisals to develop specific career goals, so everyone can progress and pursue their individual professional ambitions.