Website QV Systems
We’re building the future of financing
Location: Remote with travel as required
Salary: Competitive starting salary
Holiday Entitlement: 28 days (including bank holidays)
Dress code? None!
We are seeking a Senior Oracle Developer with the right stuff to become part of a fast-growing development team. You’ll be part of a dynamic, young environment with the ability to advance your skills with training and personal development.
ABOUT US: Our core product is in a really exciting sector in B2B software – industry specific line of business systems. We have recently been backed by a significant private equity investment. Could you be part of our success story?
As senior developer you will need to design, develop, test, analyse, and maintain the QV Systems products in support of the business function, ensuring that the needs of the users and business are met whilst adhering to any SLAs that are in place. You will need to be flexible and work with all areas of the business performing various tasks; we’re a start-up so everyone is expected to muck in.
We don’t care whether you have a formal CS degree or learnt to code in your spare time, whether you’re male or female, young or old, white, black, blue, green or yellow – we care about what you can bring to the party. Most importantly, you will be partly responsible for maintaining QV Systems’ excellent reputation.
We are a young company, so you will need to be ambitious, flexible, trustworthy, hungry for success and a self-starter. In return we will give you great tools, a relaxed working environment and exposure to a wide range of experiences which will allow you to develop the skills necessary for a successful career with us. We will give you the chance to become a key member of the organisation and if expectations are consistently met, you can look forward to flexible career development in a number of possible avenues.
- At least 5 years commercial experience of Oracle.
- Very strong PL/SQL programming skills.
- Extensive experience in software development.
- Enthusiasm for learning new technologies and methodologies.
- Personable and approachable, with a positive outlook and an overall passion for excellence.
- Bright, highly self-motivated and driven.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment.
- Analytical and inquisitive, asks appropriate questions to challenge others.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- Able to work collaboratively within a team, explaining technical issues to non-technical colleagues.
- A foundational understanding of website development.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Experience in financial services is desirable ideally within asset or automotive finance.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Interest in the motor industry.
BENEFITS Pension: Pension with NEST