ABOUT THE ROLE
Our team is passionate about changing the face of pet healthcare in Europe, and our people are at the heart of our success. That’s where you come in…
The Customer Care team is an integral part of Paws and your role is paramount to continuing success. You are the voice of the company and the first point of contact for our customers. So, if you love delivering world class customer service, love problem solving and being part of a fun and fast paced team, then this is the job for you.
We’re looking for a Customer Care Advisor with fluent French language skills to join us on a permanent basis. Customer Care is where we aim to stand out and differentiate ourselves from other companies in our space. We intentionally use the term “Care” not “Service” as we believe there is a difference. Care with a conscience is not only a tag-line but the ethos of our business that runs through everything we do as a team.
We’re a talented, dynamic team who do a lot to forge a sense of togetherness with regular social events that have ranged from paintball to karaoke! There’s a friendship that runs through our group that makes working together pleasurable and our office a fun place to be.
We’re based a few minutes’ walk Farringdon station, have a dress-down environment and foster a supportive & friendly working culture. We offer a competitive salary, plus excellent opportunities for professional development and a generous benefits package. We also have dogs in the office and you can bring your own!
- Supporting our French customers via phone, email, live chat and on our social media platforms
- Demonstrating a high quality of service in all customer interactions. This is reviewed and measured through our QA processes, which look to make sure you put the needs of the pet, at the forefront of everything you do
- Placing orders and processing telephone payments. Offering associated or enhanced products and services where appropriate
- Resolving customer queries in relation to orders. This could be regarding expected arrival times, promotions and payments, returns etc. This includes liaising with our courier partners, Warehouse and Purchasing teams. Queries are received by phone, email and live chat
- Reaching out to our customers via our retention channels, offering services, products and advice. Attending training sessions on foods, accessories and pet care
- Assisting with conducting training of new members of the team
- More tasks of the role include admin, stock/out of stock items, returns, deliveries, cancellations, chasing parcels and couriers
- As part of the monthly 121s the Customer Care Advisor will have to have met a customer contact target of 1100 contacts pcm via phone, email, live chat in order to ensure that our customer needs are all met within a timely and professional manner
- Engaging in tasks or initiatives set by the Care department associated with our customers
- Assisting other teams within the business where required
- Maintaining an excellent knowledge and required skill set of all the systems and tools we use within the department.
- Customer care experience
- Work in a fast-paced office environment
- Serving clients to best standard via phone email and live chat (the latter is not a necessity)
- Delivering a great customer service in French & English
SKILLS & TRAITS REQUIRED
- English & French language skills are essential – equivalent to native speaker level, both verbal and written
- Customer Service experience desirable, ideally within a similar environment
- Great customer focus and excellent telephone manner
- Passionate about delivering a great customer experience
- Ability to multi-task and handle a high volume of work fast
- Team player but also someone who is able to work independently
- Articulate, bright and forward thinking
- Passionate about animals and going the extra mile to help them lead healthy, happy lives
- Excited by the prospect of building a world class business
- Punctuality and reliability
KEY ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS AT PAWS GROUP
- Customer focused
- Sense of fun
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Can do attitude, roll up your sleeves and get things done
- Inquisitive by nature, enjoy learning and developing
- Listen to others and challenge others respectfully
- Humility, admit and learn from mistakes
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Upbeat & positive – see challenges as opportunities
- Passion for pets
The right candidate will receive a competitive salary and benefits package as well as the opportunity to join a successful e-commerce company during an exciting stage of growth.
Paws is on a mission to become Europe’s Leading Online Dog and Cat Wellbeing Business. A privately owned business, Paws has recently raised £7M of additional capital to fund our exciting transformation plan and we are now looking for an ambitious English & German-speaking Customer Care Advisor to join the family and help us to deliver our strategy. Our customers aren’t just buying for their pets, their pets are family. As pet lovers we get that, the deep emotional bond between a pet and its owner is our reason to exist. This is why our customers trust us and why we are developing a fully integrated product and service business that will offer personalised wellbeing plans for our customers and their pets.
In February 2021 we acquired Fetch.co.uk from Ocado and are now operate this business alongside our four other brands Fetch, Pet-Supermarket, MedicAnimal and PetMeds. Whilst we are based in Clerkenwell, London, we trade in five countries – the UK, France, Germany, Austria and Netherlands. With nearly 500,000 active customers, and revenues of over £55M we are one of the largest online specialist dog and cat retailers in Europe.