We are a digital micro-lender helping underbanked, overlooked, consumers onto and up the credit ladder. Powered by the growing prevalence of the smartphone, we’re working to make consumer credit more inclusive and affordable for those who need it most.
Backed by leading European and US fintech investors, we are accelerating financial inclusion through data; cutting costs for our customers and improving the quality of financial services. In the UK alone we provide fair access to credit to 12m migrants and working poor; we have originated around half a million loans to 155,000 unique customers and provided funds of over £323 million to financially excluded communities.
Our app and our smart-phone based scoring model interpret and use alternative data in underwriting, risk management and customer engagement. By operating outside the traditional financial services system, we serve the underbanked whilst giving people access to the financial system.
We believe that technology should enhance customer service, offering a commitment to quality service, convenient access, and financial empowerment.
We are based in Central London and have talented teams working from across the globe: China, Mexico and Europe. As we embark on our next phase of growth in the UK and expand to Sub-Saharan Africa, we are looking for talented Lead Software Engineers to help us redesign the system to enable us to grow into new markets.
What you will do:
Working as a key member in one of our cross-functional product teams, you will:
- Work with product managers, data scientists and the acquisition teams to design and build products and features, with a scalable microservice architecture
- Define and implement the platform to scale for expansion
- Collaborate with your peers on the technical strategy and execution across product teams
- Use the latest technologies to migrate existing features to a new architecture
- Lead, mentor, manage and motivate a team of engineers
Who you are:
- You are driven and want to use your technical expertise to make a difference for our customers
- You have an analytical mind and able to find solutions to challenges
- You have strong knowledge of programming fundamentals and design patterns
- You love to collaborate, share engineering designs, and improve based on peer feedback
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- 26 days annual leave (excluding bank holidays)
- Private medical care
- Investment in your professional development
- Sabbatical leave
- Regular social events
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://oakam.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/view.php?id=13 →