Website Oakam Ltd
We are a London-based FinTech helping underbanked and overlooked consumers onto and up the credit ladder. Powered by the growing prevalence of the smartphone, we’re working to make consumer credit more inclusive and affordable for those who need it most.
As an online micro-lender, we are accelerating financial inclusion through data; cutting costs for our customers and improving the quality of financial services. In the UK alone, we provide fair access to credit to those who need it most. We have originated around half a million loans to 155,000 unique customers and provided funds of over £350 million to financially excluded communities.
Our app and our smartphone-based scoring model interpret and use alternative data in underwriting, risk management and customer engagement.
We believe that technology should enhance customer service, offering a commitment to quality service, convenient access, and financial empowerment. As we embark on our next phase of growth in the UK and expand to Sub-Saharan Africa, we are looking for experienced Customer Service professionals who will be excited to join us on our mission to create a better future for the financially excluded.
You will be responsible for all forms of communication with our customers to create the best customer experience using all the tools and products available to you.
What you will do:
- Work with our risk team using cutting edge technology to help identify early signs of fraud to prevent losses
- Listen and understand when things have changed with our customers situation and find an appropriate solution.
- Use our extensive product line to match situation to solution through balanced risk taking across our entire customer life-cycle
- Engage our customers in new features and product releases in our eco-system
Champion our customers feedback to help drive improvements in our operations to always deliver exceptional experiences
- Own our customer ladder, helping translate this to our customers so they see the full benefit of being with us
To be successful in this role, you will need to be adaptable to varying customer situations and needs, always being able to balance the customer and company needs fairly.
In more detail you will have:
- A keen eye for detail to spot trends in a data set or patters in customer behaviour (Verbal and Non-verbal)
- Ability to create bespoke solutions based on the information you have gained (Qualitative and Quantitive)
- Demonstrated previous skills in consumer lending and risk performance
Shows an ambition to learn and develop your already existing skills, whilst learning along the way