Website Oakam Ltd
We are a London-based FinTech helping underbanked and overlooked consumers onto and up the credit ladder. Powered by the growing prevalence of the smartphone, we’re working to make consumer credit more inclusive and affordable for those who need it most.
As an online micro-lender, we are accelerating financial inclusion through data; cutting costs for our customers and improving the quality of financial services. In the UK alone, we provide fair access to credit to those who need it most. We have originated around half a million loans to 155,000 unique customers and provided funds of over £350 million to financially excluded communities.
Our app and our smartphone-based scoring model interpret and use alternative data in underwriting, risk management and customer engagement.
We believe that technology should enhance customer service, offering a commitment to quality service, convenient access, and financial empowerment. As we embark on our next phase of growth in the UK and expand to Sub-Saharan Africa, we are looking for experienced Customer Service professionals who will be excited to join us on our mission to create a better future for the financially excluded.
You will be responsible for all forms of communication with our customers to create the best customer experience using all the tools and products available to you.
What you will do:
- Engage with our customers through our omni-channel platform.
- Work collaboratively with other core business functions to ensure smooth hand offs and customer transitions through the different stages of our customer life cycles.
- Always looking to promote our self-service options when they are applicable for our customers to help ease their experience with Oakam.
- Help our customers in need, getting them back on track through appropriate decision making
- Talk to potentially vulnerable customers and understanding their situation and signposting them to the appropriate solution.
- Champion products and services available in the Oakam eco-system.
- To be successful in this role, you will need to be adaptable to varying customer situations and needs, always being able to balance the customer and company needs fairly.
In more detail you will have:
- Great communication skills with customers from varying backgrounds.
- Can adapt to changing customer needs from interaction to interaction.
- Excellent work ethic to stay focused in a fast-paced customer-centric environment.
- Show continuous improvement and the want and desire to develop both personally and professionally.