FinTech micro-lender on a mission for financial inclusion
We are a digital micro-lender helping underbanked, overlooked, consumers onto and up the credit ladder. Powered by the growing prevalence of the smartphone, we’re working to make consumer credit more inclusive and affordable for those who need it most.
Backed by leading European and US fintech investors, we are accelerating financial inclusion through data; cutting costs for our customers and improving the quality of financial services. In the UK alone we provide fair access to credit to 12m migrants and working poor; we have originated around half a million loans to 155,000 unique customers and provided funds of over £350 million to financially excluded communities.
Our app and our smart-phone based scoring model interpret and use alternative data in underwriting, risk management and customer engagement. By operating outside the traditional financial services system, we serve the underbanked whilst giving people access to the financial system.
We believe that technology should enhance customer service, offering a commitment to quality service, convenient access, and financial empowerment.
We are based in Central London and have talented teams working from across the globe: China, Mexico and Europe. As we embark on our next phase of growth in the UK and expand to Sub-Saharan Africa we are looking for a superb Senior Software Engineer to work closely with the Head of Engineering on designing and implementing large-scale, high availability Azure Cloud architecture solutions involving multi-region deployment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with the Scrum teams and be co-responsible for the delivery of cloud solutions
- Develop and deploy scalable, reliable, commercially available solutions
- Demonstrate technical subject matter expertise to scope real world projects, architect solutions and resolve technical issues
Who you are:
- You are proactive and always looking to improve on the Tech Stack, processes and fine-grained security
- You have experience of working with large and complex databases, stored procedures and scheduled jobs preferably with MS SQL Server
- You have strong fundamental programming skills (data structures, algorithms) in C#
- You understand the challenges and considerations while migrating applications from on-premise to Azure
- You have experience of working with Scalable Cloud Architecture
- You have experience working in Agile (Scrum/XP)
- You have an interest of experience in A/B testing
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://oakam.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=55 →