Are you a tech guru? Do you love teaching/ coaching/ mentoring? Want to help shape the careers of young people? Join this EdTech start-up on their mission to develop a diverse group of future leaders.
Driven by a social mission, the Coaches at Multiverse offer an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training via professional apprenticeships. Join the team and make an impact!
So what’s the job? 👀
You will deliver the Multiverse software engineering apprenticeship, working with highly engaged groups of young people as they start their careers in the software space.
If you love inspiring and teaching others about software engineering, get a buzz from seeing young people develop and learn new skills, and truly care about building the next generation of developers, this is the role for you.
What you will be doing:
Teaching, mentoring and coaching your apprentices through their 18-month journey on the apprenticeship, turning them into the next generation of developers
Delivering a mixture of face to face and online sessions with a cohort of apprentices
Taking full responsibility for the progress that your cohort of young people make through their apprenticeship, getting to know their roles in detail and working with their line managers
Do I fit the bill? 🕵️
- Minimum of 2+ years experience
- You are completely passionate about teaching and love the detail of developing an effective learning experience
- You are a player-coach: you can provide guidance, support and encouragement harnessing your experience to support people to kick start their career in software development
- Bonus knowledge/experience in Node.js, React, Java or any object-oriented programme language.
- You believe in the principles of applied learning: it’s all about developing the knowledge, skills and behaviours in a way that can be used in a real context, straightaway
- You are a team player – part of the coach’s responsibility is to work with the team at Multiverse and clients to ensure apprentices are meeting the expectations of their employer and the qualification
- You are all about social mobility. Helping young people whatever their background to master the foundations of software development
What can I expect in terms of progression? 🚀
There are many paths you can choose to go down at Multiverse from being an Individual Contributor where you are a subject matter expert and getting more heavily involved in helping to develop the programme/ curriculum as the company continues to scale. Or if you are wanting to manage in the future there is a pathway to becoming a Team Lead where you will lead and build amazing coaching teams.
The exciting bits! ⭐
- 27 days holiday 🏝 (3 days are used for our December company switch off)
- 4 M-powered Days 🙌 – one day per quarter where they collectively switch off and prioritise well-being
- 1 Life Event Day 📆 (can be for your birthday, moving house, getting a puppy…)
- 1 Volunteer Day to support a charitable cause 🎗
- A hybrid working model 🏠
- Private Medical Insurance 🏥 with Bupa
- Medical cashback scheme with Medicash
- Life Insurance with YuLife
- Cycle to work scheme 🚴🏽♀️
- Spill 🌱 all in one mental health support
- Employer pension contributions of 3% on capped pensionable earnings
- Socials 🍻 and more!!
📍 Hybrid working is offered which means you can work from home but you must be able to commute to the London office (Baker Street) once per month
What’s the team like?
“Our coaching team is an incredible mix of industry experts and former teachers bringing a blend of teaching and facilitation expertise and recent practical experience to ensure apprentices benefit from learning how to apply the theoretical into practical applied learning”
“We’re a team that thrives on each other’s different experiences, skills and ideas. Every day you’ll work and learn with great people as you challenge each other to achieve something incredible”
🌍 Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at Multiverse
“We’re an equal opportunities employer. And proud of it. Every applicant and employee is afforded the same opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. This will never change.”
“All posts in Multiverse involve some degree of responsibility for safeguarding. Successful applicants are required to complete a Disclosure Form from the Disclosure and Barring Service (“DBS”) for the position. Failure to declare any convictions (that are not subject to DBS filtering) may disqualify a candidate for appointment or result in summary dismissal if the discrepancy comes to light subsequently.”