Fancy a rewarding career in coaching and keen to develop your skills to get there? Have a passion for data + some experience in teaching/ tutoring or mentoring/ coaching? Join this fast-growing mission-led startup and become a coach – full training provided!
Driven by a social mission, the Coaches at Multiverse are developing a diverse group of future leaders by offering an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training via professional apprenticeships. Join the team and make an impact!
So what’s the job? 👀
As an Associate Data Fellowship Coach you will develop both your technical, coaching and teaching skills over 3 months as part of the Multiverse Coach Academy. You will have the opportunity to shadow their existing coaches to see how they deliver, learn the data curriculum and get involved in interacting and meeting apprentices as a teaching assistant within the sessions their coaches deliver.
After completing the 3 months training you will develop into a Data Fellowship Coach where you will be coaching and mentoring 40 learners through their apprenticeship, introducing them to hard skills like (basic) Python, SQL and PowerBI, but also softer skills to help them navigate through the working world.
The Data Fellowship Coach role allows you to develop your own experience in data (they have a highly experienced team) as well as in teaching/mentoring, whilst helping develop a diverse group of future leaders. Your role will be delivering a mixture of small group workshops and bootcamps plus one to one sessions, and supporting apprentices across incredibly exciting businesses to become the next generation of data leaders.
Do I fit the bill? 🕵️
Some experience (preferably 1+ years) in any two of the following areas:
- Teaching or training others
- Coaching/mentoring or volunteering experience
- Using data analytics tools (excel, SQL, tableau or PowerBI) and data science (Python or R programming, statistics)
Ideal candidates would:
- Have a passion for all things, data analytics and data science.
- Have some prior experience with teaching, tutoring or coaching.
- Potentially be finishing up their PhD and have loved being a lab or teaching assistant.
- Potentially be a Data Scientist/Analyst who has a passion for development or a wanting to share your knowledge with the next generation!
- Believe passionately in social mobility and the development of talent.
- Have experience with either Python or R programming
The exciting bits! ⭐
- 3 months of training & support from experienced coaches to fast track you into the role of Data Fellowship Coach 🚀
- 27 days holiday 🏝 (3 days are used for our December company switch off)
- 4 M-powered Days 🙌 – one day per quarter where Multiverse collectively switches off and prioritises well-being
- 1 Life Event Day 📆 (can be for your birthday, moving house, getting a puppy…)
- 1 Volunteer Day to support a charitable cause 🎗
- A hybrid working model 🏠
- Private Medical Insurance 🏥 with Bupa
- Medical cashback scheme with Medicash
- Life Insurance with YuLife
- Cycle to work scheme 🚴🏽♀️
- Spill 🌱 all in one mental health support
- Employer pension contributions of 3% on capped pensionable earnings
- Socials 🍻 and more!!
📍 Hybrid working is offered which means you can work from home but you must be able to commute to the London office (Baker Street) once per month
What’s the team like?
“Our coaching team is an incredible mix of industry experts and former teachers bringing a blend of teaching and facilitation expertise and recent practical experience to ensure apprentices benefit from learning how to apply the theoretical into practical applied learning.”
🌍 Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at Multiverse
“We’re an equal opportunities employer. And proud of it. Every applicant and employee is afforded the same opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. This will never change.”
“All posts in Multiverse involve some degree of responsibility for safeguarding. Successful applicants are required to complete a Disclosure Form from the Disclosure and Barring Service (“DBS”) for the position. Failure to declare any convictions (that are not subject to DBS filtering) may disqualify a candidate for appointment or result in summary dismissal if the discrepancy comes to light subsequently.”