Everyone deserves a job they love. At Makers, our mission is to transform lives, accelerating the careers of tech professionals by integrating education & employment.
You deserve a job you love. And this one is about helping our customers understand what makes so unique, as part of our Admissions team.
No previous knowledge of coding is required.
As a Makers Admissions Manager, you’ll be the friendly face or voice that helps qualified applicants into becoming our next generation of Makers. This means managing our pipeline of applicants and helping soft-sell our course (we don’t do pushy sales, and there are no sales targets!).
If you’re looking to join a team where you’ll learn, grow and make a difference and where you’ll be heard and valued – get in touch.
- You’ll be managing our student pipeline – being the knowledgeable and friendly face or voice at the end of the line helping qualified applicants understand what makes our programme so special
- You’ll be responsible for ensuring that for every cohort, we have enough of the right people joining our course; this will require chasing some candidates via email, phone or text, ensuring we interview enough people and that they progress on their journey of joining Makers
- You’ll be the responsible for soft-selling the course, explaining the difference with those of our competitors so that qualified students know which is best for them
- You’ll be helping to assess some of the amazing people who choose to join our course and helping students with their applications from start to finish
- You’ll be a source of knowledge for our Marketing team, providing them with feedback on source of acquisition of students and their relative quality
- You’ll be the face of Makers at open day and other key conversion opportunity events – talking about our course and helping some great potential students to connect with us and join our course
- You’ll be reviewing our existing admissions processes and identifying areas for improvement to deliver great results and create a truly wonderful experience
- You’ll be collecting data, and putting together reports to help us assess how we’re doing, where we’re losing most prospective students and what we can do to improve
What does success look like in this role?
- Every cohort, we have the right number of high-quality candidates joining our course
- Applicants’ feedback is outstanding, providing each and every one of them with a friendly, responsive and professional experience
- We make great improvements to our admissions’ processes, with some levels of automation
- You’re a collaborative and valued member of the admissions team
- Working in a company that’s built on trust over fear with a core mission to transform lives;
- Growing as a person, by learning transparency, vulnerability, the growth mindset, emotional intelligence, perhaps some hard truths about yourself, and how to give and receive feedback honestly and productively;
- Able to join yoga and meditation sessions run for the students;
- Join a scaling company that’s evolving all the time;
- We have a minimum holiday policy, rather than a maximum – we encourage our team to take at least 28 days a year;
- Private Medical Insurance (after you’ve been with us at least 3 months);
- A Perkbox account, including significant discounts on products, experiences and things like gym membership;
- Being surrounded by a diverse group of bright, motivated people, who all really care about doing the very best they can for our students, for our hiring partners and for each others.Details:
- Location: Our campus in Spitalfields, London.
- Salary: We’ll offer in the region of £25,000, depending on previous (relevant) experience. After a year in the role, you’ll be encouraged to set your own salary at least once a year (how do I set my own salary?).
- Application with questionnaire (and ideally, CV/LinkedIn)
- Phone Interview
- Face-to-face interview with COO & Head of Marketing
- Face-to-face interview with Marketing & Admissions
- Face-to-face interview with our Head of People and our CEO
We’re building a working environment (and recruitment process) where everyone feels welcome and included – we think we’re doing a good job of that so far, but we know can do a lot better, and we’re committed to learning what more we can do to improve. If reading this job description has given you any doubt about whether you’d feel welcome or included at Makers, first, we’re really sorry; and second, we’d really like to hear from you about it, so we don’t do it again.
At Makers, we are inspired by the idea of discovering and unlocking tech skills potential in people for the benefit of business and society. We combine tech education with employment possibilities that transform lives.
Founded in 2013, we’ve helped more than 1,500 people begin a new career in software and have been building long-term relationships with tech employers big and small.