Little Dot Studios
We'll only accept candidates who apply via TalentPool!
We are recruiting for a Senior Content Editor to join the Nature & Science genre pod within the Network Channels team in Shoreditch, London. Senior Content Editors are senior members of the Network Channels team and need to be proactive and enthusiastic with a range of skills. The day-to-day role includes managing a team of editors to ensure all assets and metadata uploaded to the channels and platforms are of the highest quality. They are also expected to strategise and analyse to help the channels grow through Google, Facebook or equivalent analytics.
This role will involve taking day-to-day charge of Little Dot’s Real Wild as well as a suite of nature & science themed channels such as Spark, Real Responders and Wonder.
- Oversee Little Dot’s group of Nature & Science oriented channels across YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and TikTok – controlling editorial output across all platforms and ensuring that they continue to grow and expand across all key metrics.
- Own the channel strategy, ensuring that each channel has a strong and consistent voice, subscriber communities are being engaged across multiple platforms using community posts and groups. Make sure that each individual channel brand is consistent with the correct tone of voice and the highest editorial standards.
- Ensure the application of best practices across all platforms (thumbnails, titles, descriptions, tags, groups, durations etc.) and that the highest standards of attention to detail are adhered to and implemented rigorously across all channels
- Manage the workflow of a team of Content Editors within individual channels and on individual platforms, as well as oversee the output of a Social and Community Editor.
- Oversee the channel management workflow and work with your Platform Manager and Operations Manager to proactively change the areas that need improving
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED IN THE ROLE
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and TikTok), specifically their use of video and the differences between the platforms
- Ability to work under pressure, managing multiple tasks, and an interest in taking on additional responsibilities
- Impeccable spelling, grammar and attention to detail
- A desire to expand channels to their maximum ability with new strategies adhering to the ever-changing algorithms of the different platforms
- Understanding YouTube/Facebook/Instagram analytics in order to effectively monitor channel progress as well as prepare insights as requested by Platform Managers, Executive Editors or the Content Director.
WHAT MAKES LITTLE DOT STUDIOS A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
- TIME OUT – 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- STAY HEALTHY – Company sick pay & Perkbox Medical (online GP consultations & prescription delivery)
- WELLBEING COMES FIRST – employee assistance programme with free counselling & a team of mental health first aiders you can lean on
- HAVE FUN – Perkbox Benefits -hundreds of perks, discounts and freebies. Friday afternoon socials with views over Shoreditch in our Truman Brewery office on Brick Lane ● PLAN FOR
- THE FUTURE – company pension
- SUPPORTING YOUR FAMILY – Enhanced family leave
- BE SUSTAINABLE – purchase a bike through our cycle to work scheme with the Green Cycle Initiative
- WORK FLEXIBLY – Flexitime and opportunity for hybrid working (mix of remote and office-based)
- THINK GLOBAL – we have offices in London, LA, Berlin, Munich and Singapore
WHAT MAKES LITTLE DOT STUDIOS TICK?
We have 6 core values that are the drivers to everything we do:
- We are superfans & radiate expertise – Expert knowledge informs all our thinking and we act as enthusiastic educators to our colleagues and clients. We know the content better than our clients and the platforms better than the platform-owners themselves. We live and breathe the content like superfans, and match people’s passions with their work.
- We embrace the extraordinary – We are a group of creatively diverse people working with diverse content, talent and genres. We are an eclectic mix of passionate people offering different voices, opinions and approaches. Everyone is welcome.
- We are collaborative partners – We are a client-first business and work collaboratively in true partnership with external brands, rights holders and platforms. We care about doing the best job for our partners, committed to always going the extra mile.
- We are curious experimenters – “We have to continually jump off cliffs and develop our wings on the way down” (Kurt Vonnegut). We believe in paving new ways and flexible thinking, we have the confidence to continually test and learn and ask questions. We create the environment for no fear of failure.
- We are a no-ego business – Being part of the Little Dot family means individuals are empowered and ideas can come from anywhere. We are friendly, respectful and approachable. Always straight-talking and honest.
- Think (smart), live (well), laugh (often) – We believe the journey is just as important as the destination. We take our work seriously but enjoy ourselves along the way. We know how important quality of life is and through focusing on this we can make the work even better.
ABOUT LITTLE DOT STUDIOS
Little Dot Studios is an award-winning digital content agency and media network. We specialise in creating meaningful connections between premium content and digital audiences. We exist to realise potential in every story.
Born for the digital entertainment era and made up of over 340 digital experts across UK, US, Europe and APAC, we partner with some of the world’s most recognised TV, sports and consumer brands, including Netflix, The FA, Viacom, BrewDog, Sony, Formula E, Channel 4, Farfetch and Red Bull, producing original and branded content for more than 500 digital channels globally and delivering 6 billion organic views per month. We also run our own digital broadcast network of more than thirty channels across social platforms and OTT video on-demand services; licensing over 15,000 hours of hand-picked long-form content and watched by over 400 million viewers in 2020. We are going through a huge transformational growth phase and are looking for the best talent to join us to help shape and build out our offer.
As we are currently working virtually due to the Covid-19 pandemic, all of our interviews and assessments can take place via video calls. Please let us know if we can make any reasonable adjustments or whether you have any difficulties accessing video conferencing facilities.
We are not accepting submissions from search firms or recruiters.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce at all levels of Little Dot Studios that reflect our diverse digital audiences and communities we work and live in. We commit to
ensuring every employee, and in particular those from underrepresented groups, experiences Little Dot as an inclusive workplace. Little Dot Studios would like to actively encourage candidates from all backgrounds and demographics to apply.
By applying for this role, you may be considered for other roles at Little Dot Studios. Please refer to our privacy notice: http://www.littledotstudios.com/RecruitmentPrivacyNotice