Website Intractable Ltd
Building mobile products to change the world through technology!
We are an early-stage software startup founded by an ex-Apple engineer, and are in stealth mode. We are building mobile application software that has global reach and potential to scale to several hundreds of millions of users.
We believe in the power of mobile technology to radically change the world for the better. We thrive on innovation, place a high value on collaboration, and work in a fast-paced and result-oriented environment.
About your role as a team member:
- Work in Agile environment with iterative development process.
- Participate in full development lifecycle – research, design, architect, develop, test, release.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team of engineers, designers, learning specialists, artists to build the product.
- Contribute to the development of product roadmap, with focus on shipping innovative features for a global user base.
About your role as a software engineer:
- Drive the design and development of application frameworks and product workflows.
- Develop core frameworks to extend the application foundation, and key workflows that span multiple application components.
- Develop functionality for user onboarding, user progress and accomplishments, tracking learning sessions, metrics.
- Design and implement internal libraries to manage databases on mobile devices and servers, notifications scheduling, event handling, data synchronization with servers, and other shared utilities.
- Build features and workflows for advanced learning tasks, multiuser interactions, and community building.
- Investigate new problem-solving approaches, develop experimental software prototypes, and integrate prototypes into production line.
- Write high quality production code that scales to large user base.
- Design and write functional tests to maintain high standard of software quality.
- Launch new features into production on a regular basis.
- Design and implement metrics to assess user engagement.
- Work on bug fixes and enhancements.
- Enhance the code quality with continuous refactoring of codebase and refining the architecture.
Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other related area.
Programming skills in languages like Java, C#, Objective-C, C++, Swift, Kotlin.
Nice to have:
Familiarity with Android or iOS mobile platforms.
Project experience (academic or professional) in mobile application development.
Experience working with game engines like Unity and Unreal.
Familiarity with dependency injection frameworks, protocol-oriented programming, app architectures.
What will help you succeed in this role:
- You have solid understanding of CS fundamentals, data structures and algorithms, concurrency, networking, design patterns.
You enjoy brain storming, innovative problem solving, and developing novel techniques.
- You are comfortable with making design tradeoffs, experimenting with multiple approaches, and hacking out expedient solutions.
- You are keen on exploring uncharted territory and tackling unprecedented problems through innovative thinking.
- You seek out collaborative solutions that draw on collective insight, and can identify design possibilities from multiple perspectives.
- You have a strong desire to contribute to building high-impact products with a global user base.
Employee stock options, training grants, conference participation, and more.
As a key contributor joining in the early phases of the company, you will have unique opportunities to shape the evolution of the company’s products as well as its culture, and drive forward our mission to change the world through technology!
We believe deeply in creating a strong company culture with equal opportunity for everyone regardless of their personal characteristics like race, disability, ethnicity, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace in which everyone is valued for being who they are.