Website Intractable Ltd
Building mobile products to change the world through technology!
We are an early-stage software startup founded by an ex-Apple engineer, and are in stealth mode. We are building mobile application software that has global reach and potential to scale to several hundreds of millions of users.
We believe in the power of mobile technology to radically change the world for the better. We thrive on innovation, place a high value on collaboration, and work in a fast-paced and result-oriented environment.
About your role as a team member:
- Work in Agile environment with iterative development process.
- Participate in game development lifecycle as a generalist game artist.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and learning specialists to build the product.
- Work with development team to evaluate asset requirements and define deliverables.
- Focus on iterative development with multiple incremental releases in a year.
About your role as a game artist:
- Define the visual style and artistic direction for game and learning components.
- Drive the design and development of artwork in the product.
- Setup the art pipeline in development cycles.
- Plan and execute the delivery of assets for integration in the product.
- Create assets from scratch to develop the concept art, game environments, characters, props, game objects, accomplishment badges, sprites, visual effects, and overall game world.
- Create assets for mobile UI/UX workflows.
- Evolve the artistic style and themes to develop a product that has strong universal appeal.
- Investigate new processes, experiment with innovative techniques and styles, identify groundbreaking ideas, and create iconic art style for the product.
- Launch new content into production on a regular basis.
- Take responsibility for overall art direction in the product, as well as in related areas like branding, website, ads, and promotional assets.
Bachelors or Masters degree, or Certificate Courses, in Digital Art, Design, Illustration, Animation, or other related area.
Experience in 2D/3D development with tools like 3ds Max, ZBrush, Maya, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch.
Familiarity with mobile games, Unity, Unreal.
Nice to have:
- Experience with developing artwork for mobile games and educational applications.
- Familiarity with animation, and animation software.
- Experience with mobile/desktop UI development.
- Interest in video games, and any particular mobile game genre.
- Broader interest in art styles, graphic design, illustration, comics, drawing, painting, other artwork.
- Familiarity with iterative development cycles and Agile environments.
- Experience with Jira, Git.
What will help you succeed in this role:
- You are comfortable with creating artwork from scratch and taking it to completion, and forging new paths ahead.
- You are excited to launch yourself into a fast growth track as a game artist.
- You are comfortable with experimenting with multiple approaches and making design tradeoffs.
- You are keen on exploring uncharted territory and tackling unprecedented problems through innovative thinking.
- You seek out collaborative solutions that draw on collective insight, and can identify design possibilities from multiple perspectives.
- You have a strong desire to contribute to building high-impact products with a global user base.
Employee stock options, training grants, conference participation, and more.
As a key contributor joining in the early phases of the company, you will have unique opportunities to shape the evolution of the company’s products as well as its culture, and drive forward our mission to change the world through technology!
How to apply:
Email your resume and portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We believe deeply in creating a strong company culture with equal opportunity for everyone regardless of their personal characteristics like race, disability, ethnicity, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace in which everyone is valued for being who they are.