Do you thrive on building strong, long-term relationships? Do you love being deep in the action, negotiating high-value contracts, and managing make-or-break meetings? Are you keen to apply your account-management expertise to a cutting-edge client book?
If this sounds like you, read on!
GrantTree is the UK’s leading innovation funding consultancy, specializing in R&D Tax Credits, grants, and Video Game Tax Relief. We work with some of the country’s most groundbreaking businesses, helping them to maximize their government funding opportunities and build technologies that will change the world. We have ambitious plans for the future and are looking for bright, passionate, and conscientious people to join our R&D Tax Credits, delivery team.
That’s where you come in!
As a Senior Account Manager in our R&D Tax Credits delivery team, you will be helping dozens of ambitious businesses access the government funding they need to revolutionize their field and elevate people’s lives. Working alongside our technical and financial experts, you’ll be in charge of delivering your client’s tax credit claims in a way that minimizes their stress while maximizing their claim size. You will be responsible for building strong relationships with your clients, managing day-to-day communications, and ensuring an excellent standard of service. Within three months, you will be expected to develop an in-depth understanding of the Tax Credits landscape and other funding services we provide, with a particular focus on trends and fintech innovation. We will look to you to use your expertise to propose enhancements to our delivery processes, and work with your colleagues to execute those enhancements across our client base. We will also be tasked with cultivating new business opportunities by gaining client referrals and nurturing existing accounts.
On a typical day you might:
- As part of the account management team, which is made up of Account Managers, Senior Account managers, and Key Account managers you’ll host discovery calls with clients, ensuring the delivery team receives all the information they need to complete a claim, scan team communications and get involved when you see your clients’ mentioned.
- Be a point of escalation for difficult clients and contract disputes.
- Give feedback to various stakeholders at tactical meetings in order to improve delivery standards.
- Seek out a new business opportunity through expanding an existing account and obtaining a referral.
- Share any blockers at weekly tactical meetings to increase engagement & optimize processes.
- Your time will be split roughly into 3 parts: Account Management: maintaining a healthy NPS, reviewing surveys in order to adjust and develop our processes, Account management sales: using your existing client book to generate new business opportunities through introductions and lastly Project management: arranging calls with clients in order to ensure we meet our service SLA’s.
- You have experience and are passionate about the finance and tech innovation arena.
- Minimum 3- 4 years experience as an account manager.
- Comfortable working with a large client book that ranges in value size.
- Proven experience in successfully implementing strategies laid out by key account managers in order to offer a consultative sales process for our clients.
- Being the main point of contact and responsible for contract negotiations and renewals.
- Project management experience and be accountable for managing the delivery of the claim process, which includes liaising with other teams/stakeholders within GT.
- Fluency in client retention metrics like NPS in order to maintain and enhance the health of client’s broader needs
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and to self-motivate.
- Confident working effectively with CRM systems.
- Availability for a full-time position.
For this role, the salary will be £35000 – £45000, depending on experience. In addition to your salary, we are offering a place where you can be yourself, develop your skills and fulfill your potential. We offer flexible working and access to a beautiful co-working space FORA in Shoreditch if you’d like a change of scenery and need to collaborate on projects or client calls with your colleagues.
Other benefits include:
- 30 days paid holiday
- Training & development budget
- Monthly wellness budget
- A generous and inclusive parental leave policy
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted private health insurance
- Season ticket loan
- Study, pawternity and charity leave
- Regular social and wellness events
- Access to premium platforms like Spill for mental wellbeing and Mintago for financial health.
Teams are stronger when they have a diverse range of people. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of the categories they put themselves in. We also encourage talented ‘square pegs’. If you think you’re the right person for the job even though you don’t quite fit the role spec, be daring and apply!