The new frontier in hybrid and virtual events
Glisser is the new frontier in hybrid and virtual events
Glisser is the trusted platform for both the virtual event world of today and the hybrid event world of tomorrow. We’re busy growing Glisser to be the leading platform that gives you best-in-class tools to create outstanding virtual and hybrid events that your audience will love. With Glisser you can bring people together, and create interactive and engaging experiences for 50 or 50,000 atteendes. We combine virtual and in-person attendance, and our unique audience engagement tools are both simple to use and secure to deploy. Our brand customization capabilities, data analytics and monetization solutions help you turn your event into a success. We are headquartered in London, with a strong presence in the US.
The Software Delivery Manager plays a pivotal role in managing and ultimately delivering Glisser’s platform as defined by our product vision and roadmap. By using agile and lean practises, engaging stakeholders both inside and outside the product and engineering teams, you ensure we build our software efficiently, delivering value based on product expectations. You’re also a people-person, looking after team health and happiness, creating an environment where we strike the right balance between deadlines, backlog and proactive tasks or research.
- Deliver the product vision and roadmap as set by senior management and the product team
- Ensure team works according to agile principles
- Run and plan multiple sprints
- Remove obstacles and blockers that stop our progress
- Select and enable the right methodology, team structure and resourcing to effectively manage the software development process
- Support self-organising and create an environment for self learning and transparency
- Build a collaborative and constructive culture, enhance teamwork and ensure that team dynamics and interactions with stakeholders are productive
- Communicate and collaborate with teams beyond the product and engineering teams to achieve desired results
- Capture lessons learned and incorporate continuous improvement into the development and testing schedule
- Contribute to the creation and tracking of KPIs and financial trackers to monitor and improve company and team performance
- Provide coaching and support to people both inside and outside the engineering team to fill skills gaps and improve team effectiveness
- Contribute to the architectural and technical definition of the product, working with product & engineering team to define our development principles
Who you are
We’re looking for a person with a university degree in computer software or equivalent amount of relevant work experience. You have at least five years of experience with software development or delivery management using agile principles. You understand product and engineering processes and tools. You have a solid understanding of scrum principles and mechanics, and have already worked as a Software or Agile Delivery Manager at a SaaS start-up. You are proactive, data-driven, able to multitask and prioritise. You are highly organised with a strong attention to details, and you report accurately and promptly to stakeholders. You have excellent interpersonal skills with a natural ability to build lasting relationships based on trust. You are a fast and energetic learner, and you love to share your knowledge with others. Above all, you get the right things done on time.
Package & Perks
We offer a competitive salary based on experience and a good slug of share options at a company valuation that allows you to get into an ambitious scale-up in a red-hot market at an early stage.
You’ll get a laptop and relevant home equipment necessary to get the job done. And we don’t micro-manage. We are a trusting but supportive team that just delivers.
Everyone around you works hard, getting our hands dirty, and giving you the freedom to contribute to many different areas of the business. We’re really just shaping the company culture, so your personality will help determine the place that you work.
We promise, above all, to be nice people to work with.
How We Work
Our UK office is based just a short walk from Borough Market and London Bridge Station. Glisser is following the current UK government guidelines, so we’re all working from home. We hope to be back in the office when it’s appropriate for us to do so, whilst appreciating that remote working is often a better solution.