Website Gate One
SPECIALIST DIGITAL AND BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION CONSULTANCY
Gate One is a digital and business transformation consultancy that’s taking on the traditional approaches to change consulting with entrepreneurialism, grit and humility. But we’re not satisfied with just ‘change’. We care about change that counts: working shoulder-to-shoulder with our clients to transform the lives of their customers and their broader communities. We are an ambitious, fast-growing and award-winning management consultancy that competes with the big consulting firms but in a more creative, agile and human way. We work across many industries with clients who are typically Board level executives (including FTSE 100’s) leading major multi-million transformational change programmes within their organisations. Founded in 2013, the Gate One staff team is now 65 strong – double our consultant headcount a year ago. Our brand is vibrant, confident and cohesive, reflecting our culture as well as our approach to our work. We believe an entrepreneurial streak helps us be better consults and provides a more rewarding and exciting worklife. Every employee is invited to take part in our incubator programme that looks to take the creative ideas of our staff and turn them into viable businesses, led by Gate One staff, using investment from colleagues and the company to kickstart their development. To date we’ve created over 80 new business ideas – everything from bespoke balcony planting (Balconeer), to dog day care for commuters (Doggy-Den), to revolutionising funerals (Extraordinary Exits) and we currently have 20 live businesses at different stages of maturity, including three (Oshun, Dribble and Pinga) that have successfully raised private funding of a total of £0.5m. The objectives for our Incubator are to 1. Identify great new business opportunities that generate passion and excitement, and launch them through the Incubator pipeline (and learn in the process) 2. Foster an entrepreneurial mindset, truly differentiating Gate One from our competitors 3. Build transferrable experience, tools and techniques to service client needs The target outcomes of the Incubator for our people and firm are:
1. Personal and professional development you cannot solely get from client work
2. Learning and experience that directly benefits client work
3. Positive contribution to recruitment & retention 4. Positive contribution to Gate One brand, supporting business development efforts.
SCOPE OF ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Our vision is to become the industry leading Incubator programme of any Management Consultancy firm in the UK, and as Head of Incubator you will play a leading role in making this happen. Working closely with one of the Gate One Directors, you will have significant autonomy to grow and professionalise the Incubator, drawing upon your entrepreneurial experience, and experience of working with other, more advanced Incubator programmes. Your objectives are to:
1. Increase the pipeline and pace of businesses in our Incubator. Increase the percentage of businesses that successfully progress through our entire gated process and become externally funded.
2. Mature the overall design of the Incubator, drawing upon best practise from other Accelerator programmes. For example change the Investment mechanism by creating an investment fund, or create formal partnerships with other innovation/incubator organisations.
3. Grow our network of delivery partners so that entrepreneurs can easily draw upon high quality talent to advance their businesses. Including web/app developers, digital marketeers, creatives, packaging designers, angel investors and venture capitalists
4. Further professionalise the Incubator Academy (our modular training programme) so that our entrepreneurs learn the fundamentals of launching a successful business
5. Recruit an experienced ‘Entrepreneur in Residence’ – a part time ‘veteran’ entrepreneur who has experience of several exits, a strong network, and is able to provide high quality actionable advice to our entrepreneurs to achieve growth and unlock problems.
6. Recruit new talent into the Incubator team. The team currently consists of a full time Head of Growth, responsible for providing hands on support to our entrepreneurs, and a part time Deputy Head of Incubator. You will make the case to grow the team; both full time roles, and an advisory team of SME experts across product, marketing and fundraising.
7. Work with the Gate One marketing lead, design and deliver a programme of thought pieces and digital marketing content to promote the Incubator and build our credibility with prospective talent, clients and partners 8. Work closely with the Gate One Innovation lead, to ensure the success of our Incubator helps Gate One win new consulting client work.
Working knowledge of how to develop and iterate new products • Working knowledge of creating and optimising websites to grow sales • Working knowledge of creating brand awareness and conversion campaigns • Working knowledge of digital marketing platforms Facebook & Google • Working knowledge of running an organic social media campaign • A can do ‘get stuff done’ attitude. • Creativity and innovative thinking. • Stakeholder management • Working knowledge of: MS Office, LinkedIn, Twitter. • Project planning and management, and problem solving
At least two years working in a leadership role in a tech/product startup Accelerator or Incubator programme • At least two years working as an entrepreneur in a start-up or scale-up
This is initially a part time role of 3 days per week, that is expected to grow to a full time role as the Incubator matures. The full time equivalent salary is between £50,000 and £65,000 based on experience. You will also be entitled to a bonus (related to company and personal performance) and a full company benefits package.
BASED IN HOLBORN, LONDON