Five is a European leader developing software for self-driving vehicles. With experienced founders, world-class scientists and professor supervision, our team is accelerating advanced research learning and applying it in the real world.
We are looking for a Tech Lead and contributor to distil complex product requirements into deliverable features, working with a team of developers in architecting an app that will be efficient and intuitive. You’ll develop tools that help customers launch, run and monitor their autonomous driving stack, working closely with many different teams across the company from infrastructure, integration, computer vision and machine learning to deliver features and improve performance.
Our UI is complex and rapidly evolving. We’d love you to come on board to help us build out a solid foundation, implement best practices across the company, including testing strategies to refine and expand it in a well-considered way. We’re a company of engineers & scientists who love writing code and learning new things, so anybody who feels the same would fit in well.
What you’ll be doing
- Working closely with our engineers, designers, product owners and customers to determine the best ways to harness our platform to deliver a product that feels great to use.
- Leading new feature projects from design through development. Mentoring other developers, in your team and more broadly and helping to introduce best practices, improving patterns and processes.
- This is a coding role, so at least 50% of your time would be spent writing and reviewing code in Typescript, with React, Redux among others.
- You have experience of leading a team building complex UIs from start to finish, using React.
- You are comfortable refactoring a legacy code base, swapping out technologies and introducing effective testing strategies as you go.
- You’ll be happy to recommend and openly discuss technical choices. You have likely experimented with the latest stable tools.
- You are comfortable having had experience communicating with REST APIs.
- Experience with any of the following is a bonus: Docker, Redux, Webpack, MaterialUI.
- You have an innate passion about testing and making continuous improvements.
- Full-stack experience, designing APIs and their interaction with databases.
- Experience using Cypress, Webdriver or other end-to-end testing frameworks.
What’s in it for you?
- Join the European leader bringing autonomous vehicles to market and feel like there is a part of you ‘on the car’.
- Secure, growing team with $61M raised to date.
- Benefit from working closely with our founders who have previously built and run successful tech companies through to exit.
- Have immediate impact on a smart, growing, low-ego multi-cultural team.
- Develop your skills as we grow and deliver meaningful work that really matters.
- Enjoy a competitive salary package, BUPA medical care and share options.
Closing date: 04 September 2020Five is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.