First things first, support at Deskpro might be different to your typical customer support job. Deskpro makes a helpdesk platform; i.e. we make the software (SaaS) that thousands of other companies use themselves to provide customer support.
What this means is that you’ll be supporting companies and organisations like Microsoft, HMRC, Valve Software, Panasonic, P&G, 1&1, Hotel Chocolat & the NHS provide incredible customer service to their own customers and stakeholders.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who is a proactive and innovative achiever, likes to wear multiple hats, learn new technologies, experience the fast paced world of SaaS and who wants to become a key part of our growing team! We are currently ranked on the Deloitte Fast 500 and we have just moved into a new office in central Wimbledon, 4x the size of our old office, to allow for the expansion and growth of our team.
For more information about Deskpro, head to our Careers page.
Customer Support/Service = Time spent: 70%
- Communicate with leads/customers using our helpdesk (tickets, email, live chat) to resolve technical issues and answer technical inquiries
- Help customers install software on their own machines (Linux and Windows) and suggest improvements to our installer systems.
- Liaise with the dev team about technical issues/bugs and anything that needs to be escalated.
- Take charge for ensuring the resolution of any issues.
- Write knowledgebase articles on common technical FAQs and resolutions to common issues to improve our self-help content
- Manage customer server installations of Deskpro On-Premise
QA = Time spent: 20%
- Manage the testing of our VMs, installers, integrations, updates etc.
- Verify fixes and collaborate with the dev team on regressions and improvements
- Help to write manual test guides for general product testing and new releases
- Help reproduce technical bugs/issues and ensure resolution of these
Product/Documentation = Time spent: 10%
- Work to improve the content of our Developer and System Administration manuals (our user guide documentation)
- Propose improvements around usability of the technical aspects of our platform and feed into the dev/product team
Our ideal candidate would be able to hit that sweet spot between technical and customer-facing role, with the ability to learn new technologies quickly and desire to become a key part of our technical support team.
- Experience in a technical support/customer service facing role at a startup, tech or web hosting company
- A love of problems solving and troubleshooting issues, with a rapid ability to learn new things.
- Knowledge of different operating systems, servers and experience managing self-hosted products
- Comfort with IT and ability to learn how to support Deskpro’s technical elements (e.g installing software on servers, APIs, integrations, installers, data migration etc.)
- Ability and desire to multitask between the different support, QA and documentation aspects of this role and take on the different responsibilities of each space
- Competitive Salary (£25k – £37k dependent on experience) + Company Bonus Scheme
- We are a friendly startup-team based in central Wimbledon, 3 minutes walk from the mainline train-station.
- Fantastic transport links (train, District and Northern line tubes, buses, trams), all within 3 minutes walk.
- 2 minute walk from shops, restaurants, pubs and gyms
- Lovely new offices, BBQs in the summer, team Monday breakfasts and Friday lunches.
- Unlimited coffee, tea, soft drinks and snacks and beers for Friday afternoon.
- A mixture of autonomy over your role and real responsibilities to the team and business.
- Your choice of computer equipment.
- Bike storage, Parking options, Pension Scheme
For more information, you can visit our Careers page