We create industry leading helpdesk software for businesses.
We are looking for a Technical Author with the right ambition and drive to focus on our support documentation for our helpdesk software, to help bring better online customer service to millions of customers.
What this means is that you’ll be creating content to help support companies and organisations like Microsoft, HMRC, Valve Software, Panasonic, P&G, 1&1, Hotel Chocolat & the NHS provide incredible customer service to their own customers and stakeholders.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who is a proactive and innovative achiever, enjoys learning new technologies, experience the fast paced world of SaaS and who wants to become a key part of our growing team! This is our first dedicated Technical Author role, so we are looking for someone to take complete control of our support content across knowledgebase, guides and feedback.
We are currently ranked on the Deloitte Fast 500 and we have just moved into a new office in central Wimbledon, 4x the size of our old office, to allow for the expansion and growth of our team.
For more information about Deskpro, head to our Careers page.
- Being responsible for creating amazing content on our Knowledgebase, Guides, Manuals
- Editing and proofreading current Product Announcements, Knowledgebase/Support Articles
- Helping Deskpro to become a thought leader in the customer service space by making our Self-Service content the best!
- Keeping documentation up to date as the software changes and improves
- Researching relevant information / data for deeper and more complex aspects of the software
- Working with the development and support teams and feeding back to the CEO
- Have 2+ years experience in writing technical documentation for a software product (ideally B2B).
- You must have a good grasp of IT concepts and you need to be able to explain technical concepts clearly and simply.
- You are someone with demonstrable writing skills and can show examples of work.
- Mastery of English language and outstanding writing abilities. You’ve probably found a mistake or two in this job ad.
- You need to have a flexible and ‘can-do’ attitude, interested to work in an exciting and growing team.
- You will also need strong time-management skills, enabling you to keep to deadlines and producing content on a regular basis.
- Competitive Salary (£25k – £35k dependent on experience) + Company Bonus Scheme
- We are a friendly startup-team based in central Wimbledon, 3 minutes walk from the mainline train-station.
- Fantastic transport links (train, District and Northern line tubes, buses, trams), all within 3 minutes walk.
- 2 minute walk from shops, restaurants, pubs and gyms
- Lovely new offices, BBQs in the summer, team Monday breakfasts and Friday lunches.
- Unlimited coffee, tea, soft drinks and snacks and beers for Friday afternoon.
- A mixture of autonomy over your role and real responsibilities to the team and business.
- Your choice of computer equipment.
- BUPA Private Healthcare & Cash Scheme, Pension Scheme, Bike storage, Season ticket loans, Reduced gym membership.
For more information, you can visit our Careers page
No recruiters or agencies please.