Want to experience working in an exciting and growing startup in Central Wimbledon, paid London Living Wage (£10.20/hr) for 3 months, starting in September?
Deskpro is a helpdesk platform that helps businesses to communicate better with their customers (both internal and external) across a variety of different channels (email, live chat, voice, etc.).
We are looking for a candidate who is a self-starter, inquisitive (wants to know how things work), an enthusiast and is passionate about great design and technology to undertake a 3 month design project helping bring better online customer service to millions of customers.
You’ll be part of our small but awesome team. Working in Central Wimbledon alongside the Design teams whilst feeding back directly to the Head of Design. You will be researching, wireframing designs for all aspects of Deskpro. Including website, printed and online media, our software product, helping to support our design team.
For more information, check out our Careers Page.
This is a project that is only just beginning, so you will have a voice and a chance to shape real designs to be used within Deskpro. We are initially hiring an intern (paid London Living Wage £10.20/hr) for 3 months to help the Design team. This means that there is huge potential to make a really big impact and accelerate your career at a growing and profitable technology company whilst also the potential to turn it into a permanent role.
“If you’re thinking of applying for an internship at a fun, dynamic start-up where you’ll learn a lot each day, I couldn’t recommend Deskpro more! You won’t be stuck fetching coffee, you’ll be contributing real work that matters from day one.” Martina was an intern here at Deskpro in 2017, during her 3rd year university summer holiday. Read Martina’s full round-up of her internship at Deskpro.
We have recently re-branded and re-built our website, but want to expand this brand further across the platform and website so it is a really exciting time to get involved at Deskpro, especially as you will be working with the Head of Design on real designs and learning something new everyday!
- 3 month graphic design project that could turn into a permanent design role
- Researching and evolving the design and UI of the Deskpro platform and website
- ‘Playing’ with a multitude of design ideas
- Creating wire-frames of pages and features of how it would look and feel in Deskpro
- Writing up business case for improving designs and presenting them to the team
- Work closely with both the product and design teams
- Engaging and communicating with the team improve most important areas of Deskpro
The Graphic Design Internship at Deskpro is perfect for someone who:
- Loves technology
- Wants to be a graphic designer
- Excited about using technology
- Understands how to translate complicated ideas into simple cutting designs
- Wants to make an impact at a growing and profitable software startup
- NOTE: You don’t need to have had previous experience in a business, but you must have a fantastic grasp of digital technology, including learning new design software packages and processes.
You are preferably studying towards or have just finished a design degree, with a keen interest in the technology and/or software industry.
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- You’ll be working in Wimbledon, London where our development, design and commercial teams are based. A great presentation style, teamwork, and communication skills are a must.
- The ideal person for this role is comfortable working in a technical environment & can handle technical conversations with software engineers as well as understanding the experience from a user’s perspective.
- Paid London Living Wage; £10.20/hr. 35hrs/week. For 3 months, starting September 2018
- We are a friendly startup-team based in central Wimbledon, 3 minutes walk from the mainline train-station.
- Fantastic transport links (train, District and Northern line tubes, buses, trams), our head office is a 3 minute walk from all.
- Lovely new offices, BBQs in the summer, pub lunches every Friday and beers in the fridge!
- There’s a free weekly team breakfast and lunch.
- Career progression: There is potential for this role (after 3 months) to grow into a full-time design position.
- A mixture of autonomy over your role and real responsibilities to the team and business.
- Friendly team and work environment at our offices in central Wimbledon.
- Easy to get to, pubs and restaurants nearby.
- Unlimited coffee, tea, soft drinks and snacks.
For more information, please check out our Careers Page
No recruiters or agencies please.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://deskpro.workable.com/jobs/707223/candidates/new →