Experienced Delivery Lead with a track record in delivering digital projects? Check out this opportunity at a leading Digital Agency – with package up to £80k!
Tell me more… 👀
Softwire are a leading Digital Agency with strong design and engineering credentials. They tackle challenges including streaming Glastonbury’s headliners, helping the fuel-poor improve their homes, to using Machine-Learning to help Moorfields Eye Hospital better diagnose eye disease. They’re a team of over 150 who work to help their clients achieve their ambitions.
Delivery Leads are responsible for the successful delivery of their clients’ projects across the full lifecycle, from inception to launch and beyond. Typical project sizes range from 50 to 1,000 days and their projects span multiple sectors and technologies. You might:
- Mentor a team of eight, to support the rollout of a new VOD service for a major media organisation
- Support a team in understanding citizens’ information gaps in making their homes more energy-efficient, prototype, then build an accessible website to give advice on how to achieve it
- Guide the design and delivery of a system that helps match thousands of bone-marrow donors with suitable recipients for a national charity.
You will take responsibility for ensuring that the project achieves clients’ aims, including making sure their experience of the project is as positive as the end result it achieves. You’ll make sure the team are motivated, supported and happy, while working to deliver the project on time and within budget, ensuring good value for the client, and protecting Softwire’s commercial interests.
You will have the opportunity to get involved in projects at their inception, working alongside service designers, or independently to understand the client’s objectives and help craft the project to meet their business outcomes and ensure that delivery is smooth and enjoyable for the client and the team.
You may also have involvement in meeting clients as part of the sales process, and contributing to proposals to shape how they would design and deliver a project for them.
Do I fit the bill? 🕵️
You have an interest in the transformative possibilities of digital projects and enjoy working with people to bring out the best in them and unlock achievements. You have experience working with multi-disciplinary teams that include clients, designers, developers and user researchers. You understand and respect different disciplines, whilst helping the team function and progress as a single entity.
You have worked with smart, independent people in the past and enjoy coaching and supporting them to help the team achieve great results. You care about the outcomes that your projects achieve and keep everyone’s focus on delivering them, whilst prioritising user needs. You create momentum to help drive through uncertainty. You do all this while keeping the project within a time/budget envelope and actively managing risks.
You enjoy working closely with clients as a way to ensure project success. You’re happy working transparently and keep clients informed of the project status and empowered to make decisions. You would seek to help clients learn from our agile approach and embed it within their organisations.
- Are comfortable taking the initiative and working with ambiguity
- Can communicate clearly including an ability to explain technical concepts to people with diverse backgrounds in a way that is meaningful to them
- Are interested in and familiar with how software is built and delivered, including knowing when things are technically easy or difficult
Experience and qualifications
- Have a track record of delivering digital projects, including working with senior stakeholders
- Have a history of solving problems, managing risks, and overcoming challenges
- Have worked in multidisciplinary teams, including directly with developers
- Are familiar with lean/agile techniques tools and principles
- Show evidence of a dedication to continuous improvement – both supporting/coaching a team and in your own ways of working
You may also:
- Have experience in understanding clients needs and prioritising them into user stories
- Have worked in other delivery roles such as product ownership, consultancy, or technical roles
- Have worked to GDS principles in the past or have delivered Discoveries or Alphas to understand and validate user needs
The exciting bits!
- Softwire operates transparent pay scales and a profit share scheme based on role and overall company performance 😍
- Base salary is based on experience in role and ranges from £43,000 – £67,000 + Profit Share 💰
- You can expect to receive an average of between £5,500 – £13,000 in profit share depending on your experience and company performance
- Pension: Additional 5% of salary 💎
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy and sell) 🏖️
- Time off for company-wide morale activities, time off for charitable / CSR activities 🤸
- Permanent health insurance 🩺
- Free annual eye test, cycle to work, electric vehicle lease schemes, and payroll charity donations 🚴
- 50% of company profits paid as bonus to employees 🔥
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption pay 👶
- Commitment to build a diverse and inclusive workplace 💪
- Numerous exciting options for career development and training 📚
- Dedicated budget for wide ranging staff activities and entertainment
What’s the culture like?
“We’re innovators. We’re passionate problem-solvers in both software engineering and digital design. We are dedicated. And we love what we do.
It all started when our founders Pete, Dan, and Phil realised that there was a better way to do things. A way that delivers results without squeezing the fun out of what we do. A way that is never corporate, but always professional.
When you work with Softwire, you’re not only becoming part of a team with in-depth technical skills and delivery expertise – you’re joining a team filled with passion, guile, and an absolute dedication to producing the best work possible.
Voted in the Sunday Times as one of the Top 100 Companies to Work For (now known as Best Companies), you’ll be working in a thriving environment full of innovation, devotion, and outright electricity.”
What we stand for
Here at Softwire, we hold four key values at the core of everything we do:
- We really care about what we do
When we say we care, we honestly mean it. Our work is our passion, and eve-rything that comes through our doors is treated with the utmost respect and with the same level of care that we’d treat our own work. Because honestly – we really do care.
- We trust and are trustworthy
We’re not micromanagers. We place a level of trust in each member of our team to work their hardest and produce the best they can achieve. This is an innovative but fun place to work – and we trust that you’ll meet our standards.
- We are kind
Clients come to us with complex, exciting, but often challenging projects. And we are the friendly face that will help them reach their goals – and be with them for the long run. Our team is open, accepting, and always ready to accept new ideas. Because after all, in a world where being kind is free – why be anything but?
We are fun
When you’re working at the forefront of technology, every day is different. And in this fast-paced environment, we realise that work isn’t always going to be fun. Some days can be stressful, but despite this, we know the importance of enjoying ourselves. Because at the end of the day, we spend a lot of time at work – so we might as well have fun while we’re there.”
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at Softwire 🛍️
Softwire is an equal-opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender including gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. All matters related to employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
So, what are the next steps? ✏️
- Apply via Feisty
- Answer simple screening questions (to follow)
- Follow link (to follow) to complete your application
Softwire is a leading digital software consultancy. They offer services in software engineering, design, innovation, cloud, mobile and data.
Trusted by well-known organisations, including the BBC, David Lloyd Clubs, LNER and The Cabinet Office, Softwire has grown into a business that consistently delivers large, high-profile digital projects for the UK’s leading brands.