Driving major change through digitalisation in commodities
Driving major change through digitalisation in commodities to unlock cost savings, procurement streamlining and supply chain resilience.
Founding Software Engineer
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to be in the driving seat at a company that aims to change the status quo in commodities commerce. We are looking for an experienced full stack software engineer to lead the development of the CX platform, as a greenfield project with maximum ownership.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Leading and developing the technical roadmap & strategy for a greenfield project. You’ll lead the exploration, implementation and development of core product features that will make up the platform’s value chain.
- Defining technical requirements and systems architecture built for speed and scalability, with clarity on feasibility, time, cost, and impact
- Being the driving force behind the platform development; managing the technical delivery and release of the product/platform to meet targets/delivery milestones
- Collaborating with other divisions and Product Manager to align user needs with tech build of the product and features
- Leading and building the product team:
- Planning engineering team sprints and ensuring high quality software development processes
- Coaching and mentoring developers through goal setting and 1:1 reviews
- Assessing and undertaking future engineering team hiring plan
Your Qualifications & Experience
- 3+ years of experience as an engineering lead/full stack engineer, building scalable software solutions in tech businesses (experience in marketplaces, ecommerce, or fintech preferred)
- Working knowledge of developing tech infrastructure built for speed and scalability. Operational knowledge of deploying and maintaining a platform on the cloud
- Confident in leading code reviews, product planning and execution, leading technical implementation and architecture discussions
- Experience supporting the effective development of other engineers through coaching, mentoring or collaboration
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders/team members