Capital on Tap
Looking to kick-start your career or continue your experience within financial services and be on the cutting edge of collections strategies and technologies within the FinTech environment? If you’re friendly, empathetic and customer focused with good communication skills – Read on!
So what’s the job?
Running a business is hard, Capital on Tap make it easier. They have helped over 200,000 businesses access credit and hope to partner with over 1 million by the end of 2025. Their Cardiff team are looking for a Collections Officer to join their innovative and collaborative team.
Tell me more… 👀
The Collections department is responsible for minimising bad debt and supporting customers in financial difficulties, ultimately ensuring a fair customer outcome at all times. Reporting to their Collections Team Lead, you will work directly with customers and external parties to help Capital on Tap maximize their recovery strategy, reduce bad debt and ensure their most vulnerable customers receive the care and attention they need in difficult times for them and their business.
Do I fit the bill? 🕵️
- Customer service experience (will consider other industries)
- Passion for the customer journey
- A friendly and caring nature
The exciting bits!
- Junior Collections Officer – £22,000 💰
- Collections Officer – £24,000 – £26,000 (depending on experience)
- Generous monthly incentives 👍
- £1000 annual learning budget to spend on your personal development
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays) 🏖️
- Private Healthcare and Worldwide Travel Insurance ✈️
- Generous Anniversary Rewards 🎂
- Rated 4.6 on Glassdoor 🏆
- Offer tonnes of opportunity to develop, grow and progress – they’re invested in your career! 🚀
- Their Cardiff office is in the city centre – close to public transport links and local amenities and even have dogs in the office! 😍
- Free breakfast and snacks provided (Their kitchen is always fully stocked) 🥐
- They’re a social bunch – they regularly plan fun social events! 🍺
The key details
📍 Location: Central Cardiff
💰 Competitive Salary
What’s the culture like?
Capital on Tap’s Core Values
- Our company is built on piloting new ideas, we know our job is never done.
- We ask questions, we figure it out.
- We only build what our customers want.
Be a Buddy
- It’s never not my job.
- Tap in from day one.
- We do the right thing
Why not today?
- Fast is as slow as we go.
- Take ownership and raise the bar.
- Keep things simple.
Why Capital on Tap?
“Our people (and our office dogs) are truly the best thing about working at Capital on Tap. We’ve built a dynamic, fun and vibrant culture where your opportunities for growth are as big as your ambitions.
We place a huge emphasis on continual learning and have created an environment where this is possible every day. We provide every employee with a £1000 learning budget that can be used for conferences, courses, subscriptions, books – whatever inspires your curiosity and develops your abilities.
We actively encourage interacting with and learning from people and leaders of all levels within the business. Internal mobility is important to us and our goal is to help every employee realise their aspirations.
We are all committed to maintaining an environment where we share ideas, support each other, and celebrate our successes. We celebrate diversity and have tonnes of employee-led groups, LGBTQIA+, book club, netball, football and so much more. If there isn’t a club that interests you, we encourage you to create one!
Our fridge is always full, the pool table is always occupied, and we definitely know how to let our hair down. Our ‘Happy Club’ is in charge of organising our regular socials – whether it’s a summer party or celebrating religious festivals. On top of this we have house teams and enjoy a bit of friendly competition with pub quizzes, scavenger hunts, escape rooms and more!”
Diversity and inclusion
“We want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come and do their best work and most importantly feel included and that they can be their authentic selves. We welcome, consider and encourage applications from anyone that shares this passion.”
So, what are the next steps? ✏️
- Apply via Feisty so your application is sent straight to the employer.
- Include response to screening questions to follow
If you want to progress your career within a fast growing, profitable fintech then they look forward to hearing from you!
At Capital on Tap, they believe in small businesses and their potential. That’s why they’re on a mission to build tools for small businesses to help them thrive.
Capital on Tap have helped more than 125,000 small businesses across the UK and the US, and hope to partner with more than 1 million businesses by the end of 2025. They have been named by the Financial Times as one of the Fastest Growing Companies in Europe for 5 years in a row and have a global team of 350 across London, Cardiff and Atlanta.