Website Coefficient Systems Ltd
We are looking for an adaptable, enthusiastic, and resourceful Operations Assistant to join Coefficient’s Ops team full-time.
You will be working closely with the Operations Manager to help scale the business, as well as assisting with the efficient day-to-day running of many aspects of the company. A key part of this role will focus on working directly with Coefficient’s CEO and instructors to build and grow our public training business.
This is an exciting time for Coefficient, and an excellent opportunity to work within a unique and fast-growing startup.
We’re always looking for ways we can streamline and improve how we work. You will work with the Operations Manager on a variety of tasks:
- Carrying out admin relating to our training courses, including liaising with clients, customers, instructors and attendees to our training programmes.
- Assisting with project management for our core consulting business.
- Conducting research across all areas of the business.
- Helping with future hiring work.
- Growing and maintaining a social media presence.
Coefficient is a data consultancy offering data science, engineering, machine learning, and other AI-related services, as well as bespoke training courses.
We are driven by the challenge of solving real-world problems by combining statistical techniques with a lean start-up mentality and a technical skill set.
We have designed and delivered data training courses for clients such as BNP Paribas, EY, Hawk-Eye, the BBC, and the Metropolitan Police. Our consulting work is highly multidisciplinary; in a single week we may be writing trading algorithms, routing delivery drivers, and predicting elections.
Our team is our greatest asset, as such we invest heavily in professional development. We work with highly intelligent and passionate people who take pride in their work and enjoy a high level of independence.
In addition to plenty of common sense, which is vital for this role, the successful candidate will:
- Be thorough and methodical, with great attention to detail.
- Have good IT skills, especially using spreadsheets (MS Excel / Google Sheets).
- Show excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Whilst this role is optionally remote, we like to get the whole team together on a regular basis. The successful candidate should be able to travel to London to work on-site for approximately one day per month once we’re out of lockdown. This means they must be UK-based with eligibility to work in the UK.
Our ideal candidate would:
- Have an ability and desire to learn new skills quickly.
- Feel comfortable coming up with ideas and taking the initiative. This is something we value greatly.
- Show an interest in the future of work and the potential of data, and have a passion for technology and start-ups.
- Location: We are based in Central London, but are open to applications from elsewhere in the UK as this is optionally a remote working position.
- Salary: £21k per year.
- Learning: Potential to improve skills through paid courses.
- Holiday: 33 days paid holiday including bank holidays every year.
- Laptop & peripherals: Company-owned Apple laptop plus peripherals such as a monitor and keyboard, for making remote working both comfortable and safe.
- 10% time: 4 hours per week dedicated to improving skills or pursuing your own project.
- Experience first-hand how to start, grow and market a startup business – invaluable if you might want to start your own company one day.
- Opportunity: To be part of a unique and exciting company that prizes excellence of work, working closely with the founder and become part of a dedicated forward-thinking Operations team.
If this role sounds exciting to you, please apply below. If you’re unsure, please still get in touch – we welcome applicants from different backgrounds and would love to hear from you.