At Charlie, we believe small businesses need to craft the right company culture for them to attract, retain and motivate the best talent. Our HR Advice service provides small businesses with unlimited support from a qualified Advisor, to help them build the HR processes and policies their team needs to thrive.
We’re looking for an HR Coordinator to join us on a 12-month fixed term contract and work with a talented and diverse team to deliver the highest level of service to our customers.
Our HR Advice service is growing at an exciting rate – and you’ll play a central role in supporting all operational aspects of delivering outstanding documentation and advice, while getting exposure to the inner workings of everything people-related within small businesses.
Come and join us to Make Work Better!
You’ll be responsible for:
- Producing high quality company handbooks tailored for our clients, as well as reviewing existing handbooks
- Reviewing employment contracts to ensure they are fully compliant
- Ensuring our internal pipelines for work are up-to-date, and that we’re on track to meet client deadlines
- Liaising with customers where necessary to ensure they’re kept informed of changes or updates
- Supporting with ad-hoc customer queries around HR and employee relations
- Contributing to ongoing project work and OKRs
- 1+ years of experience in an HR role
- An understanding of current HR best practices
- Highly organised and able to prioritise in order to meet tight deadlines
- Passionate about providing an excellent customer experience
- A confident communicator, and you enjoy working as part of a team
Desirable (but not required):
- CIPD level 3 qualification
- Experience working within a start-up/fast growing small business
- Experience of employee relations issues
- Experience working with OKRs
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team. We welcome all applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Salary from £28,500 to £31,000 based on your level within our transparent progression framework
- Hybrid-first approach; we optimise for office and remote working to be valued equally, and to be equally valuable
- A team that genuinely enjoys spending time together
- £500 yearly learning budget
- Equity options
- No fixed working hours; you take ownership over how you get your work done
- Access to Spill, all-in-one mental health support
- Remote events to get to know the wider team
- “Personal days” for wellbeing
- £30 wellbeing budget
- Based in Second Home (in our humble view the best co-working space in London)
- Monthly “exploration days” when you can work on whatever
- Bike to work scheme
This is a full time 12-month fixed term contract role. We cannot offer visa sponsorship and you must be able to work in London.