Do you care about education, and making sure all students have great opportunities? Want to be integral in the growth of a company? Then this might be the role for you.
Needed: an experienced General Manager to join the Candela Academy team and direct and coordinate the operations of the company.
Candela offer everything from coordination, tutoring, admissions support, extra-curricular planning, and mentorship for students across all age groups, from 7+ to postgraduate level.
Their team of Subject Advisors lend their expertise as top teachers, Heads of Departments, and examiners at the most prestigious schools around the world to oversee their curriculum and ensure students have a strong support system in achieving their educational dreams.
Your work as General Manager will be integral to Candela’s success and driving their mission forward.
Sound exciting? Then read on!
What will you be doing?
- Effectively manage business operations and implement best practices to ensure efficient operations
- Regularly update and amend business practices and procedures to optimise efficiency and effectiveness
- Effectively manage a team of 2-3 members (delegate responsibilities accordingly, prioritise tasks, set goals, enforce accountability, give feedback)
- Maintain strong and effective communication with all members of the organisation to ensure transparency, accountability and teamwork
- Maintain organisation of all information, communication and files
- Keep track of and ensure students’ progress with regular adjustments and updates to parents and upper management
- Generating business reports and updates to upper management
- Address and resolve queries, feedback and complaints from customers and employees
- Recruit, train and manage employees and contracted mentors / tutors / advisors
- Receive information, directives or feedback from upper management, customers or employees and respond / relay information / issue directives to the relevant parties accordingly
- Assist in business strategy and planning
- Think outside the box to solve problems creatively—this job requires that you always look for solutions, not problems
What are they looking for?
These are the essential requirements…
- A bachelor’s degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational and multitasking abilities
- Strong time-management skills with the ability to delegate and prioritise tasks
- Strong problem-solving and creative thinking skills
- High attention to detail and customer-oriented thinking
- Proven track record of managing and leading a team
Proficiency will be needed in most mainstream office software, including…
- Google Workplace (Drive, Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Meets, Forms, etc)
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, etc)
- Organisation and project management software (Todoist, Trello)
These are the nice-to-haves…
- Fluency in Mandarin
- Knowledge of the UK education system and academic cycle
- Strong academic background and profile
- Management experience of a team
- Prior experience in the education industry
- Prior experience in marketing, sales or other customer-facing roles
- Proficiency in most mainstream business management software (e.g. Quickbooks)
More about Candela Academy
Based in London, Candela Academy are a new educational coordination company that offers personalised support for students and parents throughout the entire UK academic journey.
Their services include complete coordination, tutoring, admissions support, extra-curricular planning, and mentorship for students across all age groups, from 7+ to postgraduate level.
Their expertise comes from the personalised attention given to each and every individual student. Holding degrees from elite institutions around the world, Candela mentors and tutors truly understand what it takes to elevate one’s chances of success.