Customer Success at Bunk
Bunk is transforming the rental sector with technology, by empowering tenants and landlords with all the tools they need to rent, without the need for letting agents. The rental market is clunky and outdated – with too many landlords and renters getting ripped off. We’re here to change that!
We’re a young startup with an exciting opportunity for a Customer Success role in our energetic team of 13. We’re based in Bristol, but we help tenants and landlords all over the country. We think you’ll like it here – 100% of our employees enjoy the work they do (2020 staff survey) – and Bunk team members stay with us 3 times longer than the UK average.
About the role
The goal of Customer Success is to provide a helping hand to our customers – who are letting or renting properties with Bunk. Our Customer Success team quickly adapts to customer needs to deliver a human and consultative support experience through creative problem-solving and a thorough understanding of the Bunk platform.
We are looking for a motivated and organised Customer Success candidate who will quickly grow to become the sole point of contact for our customers, answer their enquiries and support their journey through the Bunk platform.
As our customer base grows you will have the opportunity to build a team around you to support you in your duties.
- Represent the voice of the customer and provide feedback into every product, marketing and sales process.
- Resolve issues with our key stakeholders (Landlords, Property Managers, Tenants, Guarantors, etc) through phone (main channel), email and support chat.
- Answer how-to questions and help customers navigate a variety of tools within Bunk.
- Report customer or software issues to our product and engineering team and engage with them to achieve a solution for the customer.
- Provide guidance and advice to property professionals to help them manage their portfolio well, using the Bunk platform.
- Communicate thoughtful, customised solutions to demonstrate the value of the Bunk platform to property professionals.
- Collaborate with internal teams and account owners to identify opportunities for existing customers to use our platform more efficiently and remove product roadblocks.
- Help with writing the occasional bit of content for a blog, product email or new website page.
- Various administrative and other duties as needed.
We are looking for people who:
- Are empathetic and have a positive attitude with a desire to help our customers reach their goals.
- Are organised and have great attention to detail.
- Are ready to take on the challenges that come with working in a startup. You will have large amounts of responsibility from the off, be dealing with key stakeholders and operating in a fast-moving environment.
- Ideally have prior experience of lettings. Knowledge of the sector will help you talk to landlords in a way they understand and offer advice that they will find useful.
- Love talking with people. We need a team which actively wants to be on the phone helping to resolve issues.
- Are eager to learn. The more you learn about the company, industry, our process and our product, the more you will achieve in this role.
- Are self-motivated and can think for yourself – you need to feel comfortable with ambiguity, because most of the time you will be prioritising your own work.
- Show composure, resilience and flexibility as customer needs evolve and customer volumes change.
- Are passionate about technology. You’ll be using a variety of different software in your role (Firestore, Google Sheets, Trello, Slack, Pipedrive, Circleloop, etc.). You don’t need to be familiar with any of them just yet, just capable of picking it up quickly.
- Have a clear, professional and informative communication style.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we’ll let you in on a secret: there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. Bunk is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work each day.
Togetherness – All for one and one for all; we get stronger by learning from each other.
Entrepreneurial – Entrepreneurship means intuition. Intuition to spot opportunities, solutions and new ideas.
Transparency – We’re open and honest. Everything we do has a purpose and every mistake is a chance to grow.
Empowerment – Empower each other to bring any idea – big, small (or bad) – to the forefront of conversation.
Agility – The world progresses at an extreme velocity and we are always ready to act.
Fun – We spend a lot of time together and work hard together so you’ve got to enjoy what you do!
- Competitive Salary
- Laptop & Monitor
- Personal Development allowance and training opportunities. If you want to learn something that will help you in your role and career – let us know!
- 22 Days Paid + Unlimited unpaid holiday
- Regular group activities (Previously: Meals out, SportsDay, Go-Karting, Bowling. Next: Raft building!)
- Potential for Share Options
How to apply
Send your CV, along with a cover letter explaining why you think you will be a good fit for this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org