VERJ, A LAB Group Agency
Want to further your career by joining a quickly growing agency at the forefront of business intelligence? This is an opportunity to put your account management or business development experience to use creating a world where business decisions are driven by science, not intuition. Interested? Read on!
📍 4-day flexible/hybrid work week with at least 1 day a week in a beautiful central London office 📍
👀 Tell me more!…
Along with four other agencies, VERJ makes up the LAB Group. They are looking to recruit an Account Manager, a pivotal position in supporting the growth of the business through client development and spotting opportunities to tailor and expand their service offering.
They are a team at the top of their game and are looking for an energetic, curious, and resourceful person to join them and help drive new and existing business opportunities to generate revenue and improve the value VERJ deliver to their clients. You will also have the opportunity to work closely with other teams in the LAB Group to identify areas for project collaboration and teamwork.
🧐 So what would I be doing?
- Ensuring best practices of sales processes are in place and high levels of sales activity are the status-quo
- Proactively seeking opportunities within VERJ’s target customer profile using outbound techniques to build relationships with potential clients and our network
- Working with the VERJ team to enable the right level of services and solutions, supported by a commercial strategy that delivers profitability
- Continually spotting commercial opportunities within key clients
- Creating proposals, pitches, and statements of work in line with VERJ’s brand guidelines
- Checking in regularly with internal team to monitor team growth in line with objectives and key results
- Fostering a culture of collaboration, knowledge sharing, innovation, and commercial accountability
- Working with the LAB Group, existing partners, and new partners to build partnerships set for growth
- Growing accounts and draw on the right subject matter experts to continually sell ideas to clients and drive value for all parties
♠️ You will be aceing this role when you’re…
- Uncovering opportunities to add value to clients and grow VERJ’s offering
- Leading proposals and pitches with existing clients and well qualified opportunities that fit with your domain and client expertise
- Continuously spotting areas for improvement and growth
- Encouraging client growth and exceeding growth targets
- Maintaining high retention levels across VERJ’s client portfolio
- Receiving excellent feedback from clients, including ratings, quotes and references, when required
- Understanding VERJ’s services, processes, and case studies to consult with confidence
- Consistently involved with upkeep and measurement of internal objectives and key results
🕵 Who are VERJ looking for?
- Minimum 2+ years of working in account management, sales, and/or business development, preferably for a digital, research, or consultancy agency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Brilliant organisational skills and time management
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new challenges
- BSc or BA degree would be a bonus, but it’s not essential
🤩 The exciting bits (you’ll want to read these!)…
- A 4 day work week!
- The LAB Group really care about work-life balance: flexible and remote working options are standard (although you’ll be expected in their central London office at least once a week)
- Company Medical Aid
- A day off for your birthday
- An annual budget just for you, to invest in your personal development
- Always something going on: bi-weekly huddles, team socials, monthly lunch and learns, and more!
- Experienced colleagues who have worked at the pinnacle of their craft
👣 Ethics @ the LAB group
The LAB group are an equal opportunities employer and creating a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace is at the heart of the organisation’s values.
Take it from them! In their own words, “all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other status protected by law. Our People team are happy to support with any reasonable adjustments that are needed within the recruitment process, so please do flag if you need any additional support. Your information will be kept confidential according to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We have a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery and we are committed to acting ethically and with integrity in all our business dealings and relationships and to doing everything we can to ensure modern slavery is not taking place in any of our supply chains or processes.”
✅ Not sure you tick all the boxes?
Research has shown that some under-represented groups in the digital industry tend to apply only if they meet every single requirement. We encourage individuals to apply even if they do not think they meet the job description perfectly. The LAB Group welcomes applications people from groups with different needs or with a past record of disadvantage or low participation to apply to come and work with them.
The LAB Group’s HR team supports with any reasonable adjustments that are requested and asks individuals to get in contact if they do need any additional support, at interview or after they’ve started with any LAB Group Agency, including VERJ!
📝 Sounds great! How can I apply?
- Apply via Feisty so your CV is sent directly to VERJ
- Screening call with VERJ
- First interview
- Work test
- Final interview
- Offer 🎉