Website Yepic AI
Who we are
Yepic.ai is launching VidVoice, the world’s first simultaneous video conference translation service, into the market later in 2022 and is preparing a Series A investment to scale the business as it realises its mission to connect the world through shared language.
A graduate of Founders Factor and with strategic partners including AstraZeneca, Axians, CVSSP (University of Surrey) and OVH Cloud, Yepic has raised over $3M from SFC Capital, Gaingels and angels to date .
As it works towards releasing this ground-breaking technology Yepic has successfully deployed an initial suite of Text to Video, Avatar and Talking Photo products through Yepic Studio. These products form a rich source of data to help train its AI neural network, and has enabled Yepic to build a Computer Vision team, capability and reputation to lay the foundation for VidVoice.
Yepic is now hiring a Business Development Manager to work alongside our friendly team of sales and marketers that are at the forefront of transforming the synthetic media sector. This role will involve working across sales, marketing and customer success to ensure operational delivery across the business.
We are seeking a Business Development Manager to join our team. This is perfect for an ambitious self-starter who wants to take steps forward in their business development career at an early-stage company with a big vision. We’re a startup, so it’s essential to have a great attitude and exhibit an eagerness to roll your sleeves up.
Our ideal candidate meets many – but not necessarily all – of the below criteria;
- Excellent communication skills: you are a clear thinker, speaker, and writer; creative in messaging and visually presenting when required
- A natural problem solver and a strong communicator
- Dynamic and able to adapt to fast-changing environments
- Ambitious, with real drive to learn and grow fast
- You are an incredibly motivated and organised person. You enjoy the process of prioritising work and setting timelines while collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- You’re resourceful, resilient, and flexible, and will help clear the path for everyone to do their best work.
- You are an excellent communicator who can build relationships with teammates from different disciplines, making sure that everyone is clear about what’s required of them.
- You’re fluent in English, even if it’s not your first language.
- You are reliable. You do what you say you will.
In addition we admire;
- Knowledge and experience of best practices of sales methodology and customer discovery
- Experience in scale-up environments and a willingness to provide support day-to-day across marketing, customer success and product.
- You are motivated by Yepic’s mission to connect the world through shared language.
- You are naturally empathic and are always mindful of the humans who use and benefit from your work.
About the role
In your role as Business Development Manager you will be expected to think creatively about the market opportunity and prioritise sales leads, partnerships and initiatives that can generate a large volume of quality new business.
You will have a deep understanding of our value proposition, will be able to establish credibility with, and sell effectively to, key industry partners, and you will conceive and execute compelling lead generation campaigns, to enable us to maximise our market potential.
- You’ll work directly with our Commercial Director and CEO and will have immediate impact on the company’s revenue and customer growth in 2022 and beyond
- Nurture prospects, coordinate meetings, and deliver excellent operational processes for outbound sales campaigns
- Establish and deliver on commercially-driven partnerships and referral campaigns with customers, producers and industry partners, with the purpose of dramatically increasing the number of quality leads coming into the sales funnel
- Understand how we can harness digital marketing to drive more quality inbound leads into the sales funnel
- Proposing new initiatives to attract and qualify leads as well as testing new approaches to capture existing demand
- Accurately enter, update, and maintain daily activity and prospect information in our CRM and ESP systems
- Represent the business at industry events and conference
- Collaborate with key colleagues in marketing, customer success and product
- Measure your success and understand ROI of different activities, constantly challenging yourself to iterate and improve
What we can offer
- Competitive salary / £28 – £35k salary dependent on experience
- 20 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- 35 hour week – with flexible working hours (within core business hours)
- Knowledge sharing both internally and from our external speaker series with talks from founders and employees of leading tech companies, such as DeepMind
- Beer and coffee (when at our London office)
- Team lunches every Friday, when at the office
- Perks and Rewards Package
- Annual team holiday
Our team welcomes everyone to work together on our mission. We don’t believe that anyone should be discriminated against for any reason, be that age, nationality, gender, race, sexual preferences, religious beliefs, political leanings or disabilities. We welcome diversity among our colleagues and see it as important that everyone is supported and comfortable working with us.
How to apply and interview process
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Business Development Manager’ in the subject line and tell us about your skills and experience, and why you think you’d be a good fit for this role.
Please include either a copy of your CV, the URLs for your personal site or Linkedin profile, as well as URLs to any relevant public repositories that might support your application. Please note that, at this stage, we’re more interested in hearing why you think you’re a good match for us and the role.
We conduct interviews in three stages
- Introductory call: we’ll invite you for a short video call to discuss your experience and what you’re looking for in your next role.
- Challenge: If successful, applicants will be invited to complete a challenge relevant to the skills required in your role
- Final interview: if successful, applicants will then be invited to a final, in-depth interview to meet additional members of the team