We'll only accept candidates who apply via TalentPool!
We are looking for a Back End Developer to join our dynamic start-up, collaborating with award-winning teams where a curious, ambitious mind and passion for technology will help you succeed. You will be contributing to a small, dedicated, and growing team of developers who have a wide variety of technical experience. You will immediately impact important projects to deliver highly innovative technical solutions for Virti’s clients to help their staff learn in a more immersive and visceral way. This role will be initially remote (UK GMT) with a view to move into the Bristol office when possible.
About the Role
Virti is committed to spearheading new and impactful technology. You will play an instrumental part, working in the development team to set up and support a wide array of products and customers using our PHP backend built on SilverStripe. You will be responsible for managing the existing platform as well as design and set up new backend data structures and GraphQL APIs.
What You’ll Do
- Create and implement new data models.
- Plan and implement API endpoints supporting existing and new products.
- Diagnose technical, architectural, and/or organisational problems and propose thorough solutions.
- Test and optimise for performance and security.
- Make technology decisions and contribute to product strategy.
- Collaborate closely with the React and Unity team.
Who You Are
- You are self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organisational skills.
- You have commercial PHP development experience, preferably using SilverStripe.
- You have experience with building APIs using GraphQL.
- A strong understanding of MySQL and database design.
- Knowledge of Git, testing and Continuous Integration.
- As a nice to have, HTML and CSS skills (including responsive web principles and flexbox).
- You have excellent verbal and written communication, able to support product and project management and planning.
- You have experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- A passion for technology, gaming, and learning.
Virti Benefits + Competitive pay, pension and excellent benefits + 25 holiday days a year (plus one more if you wish to take one after your Birthday) + flexible working hours + Remote work bursary, home office setup and remote work-friendly + Virti swag (hoodies, t-shirts, diary and more) + Investment in your growth (coaching, live education, PDP investment)
- Recruiter screening
- Task – taking between 3-6 hours
- Final stage interview with CEO and CTO
Virti is a multi-award-winning corporate training company. We use VR, artificial intelligence and gamification to help employees learn faster and remember training for longer. With a mission to elevate performance through immersive digital training experiences, we are shaping the future of learning for corporates and healthcare. We are a TIME Best 100 Invention company, have been featured on the Nasdaq Tower in Times Square, and have won multiple awards while scaling up fast.