Company: Vintage Cash Cow
Job title: Talent Manager
Location: Leeds (LS2 7AT)
Salary: £30,000 – £35,000
Contract: Full time – Immediate start
Hours: 37.5 hours a week, flexible start and finish time.
- Leeds Digital Festival Start Up Of The Year Nominee (2018)
- Leeds Digital Festival Growth Company Of The Year Nominee (2019)
- Code In The Dark (Leeds) Proud Sponsor (2019)
As the Talent Manager, you’ll lead all areas of our talent acquisition and employee development.
We’re looking for someone to take ownership of the whole recruitment process, using social media, networking and your headhunting skills to proactively find the right people.
The role will require hiring for the following areas at junior level, right up to heads of department; Customer Service, Warehouse, Marketplace, Marketing, Web Development and Charity. There will also be Dutch speaking roles to fill.
You’ll need to be a commercially focused Recruiter and be used to focussing on improving time to hire and reducing costs.
You’ll support department leaders to devise a talent strategy to develop their teams with a focus on up-skilling people and finding more opportunities for cross-department training.
You’ll be the main contact for our external HR admin services supplier and be happy to pick up other HR tasks when required.
Who are Vintage Cash Cow?
We’re the easy way for people to sell their old stuff.
People have cupboards, attics, lofts and garages full of wonderful old vintage items. However, there’s no fast and easy way to sell it all, so it sits in homes for years.
To achieve our goals we’re now building our growth team and need a Talent Manager to come and lead the efforts to find the right people for it.
Check out our Co-founder and Chief Appraiser out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5xO3bpfiQQ
Why would you want to work here?
- An open minded and creative bunch. You’ll have autonomy to run creative recruitment campaigns.
- Get noticed. Our active team of investors include the founders of We Transfer, Just Eat, Treatwell and So Wifi.
- Learn from some of the best. Work collaboratively with our investor team and contacts. Core support from https://www.linkedin.com/in/anoukdewolff/
- A company you want to talk about. With a score of 9.4/10 on TrustPilot, you can take pride in helping grow a service loved by thousands.
The successful candidate will be experienced in talent acquisition for at least a few years in a previous position.
- A strong track record of success within recruitment
- Write engaging job adverts that portray the fun and fast moving culture of our company
- A strong sense of urgency, prioritising multiple tasks
- Great judge of character with strong interview skills
- Maintain clear reporting on the status of all job openings and advertising/ outreach efforts
- Experience of developing, monitoring and managing budgets
- Identify learning needs, design and implement learning solutions
- Experience with Linkedin automation
- Experience of hiring for marketing and web development roles
- Experience of working with apprenticeships schemes.
- Chartered membership of a relevant professional body e.g. MCIPD
- Worked with senior leadership to assist with structural changes.
What’s in it for you?
- Starting salary of £35,000 – £45,000.
- 22 days holiday. An extra 2 at Christmas too.
- Early riser? Bit of a night owl? Work your hours around times that suit you.
- Work from home when you need to.
- Trips to Amsterdam. Group workshops with our investors and consultants.
- Free lunch every day. Coffee on tap too.
- Gym opposite the office.
- 5 minute walk to Leeds City Centre.
- Got wheels? Free parking at the office.
David Weaver | Co-founder/ CMO