We'll only accept candidates who apply via TalentPool!
We’re looking for outstanding recent graduates who are energetic, determined and super smart to join our Business Development team as Associates. (We are also open to applicants graduating in 2021 and students looking to do a placement year.)
This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly-growing business in its scale-up phase, learn valuable business development skills, and make an impact.
Upslide is a rapidly growing tech scale-up helping professionals work better. Our software dramatically improves the functionality of Microsoft Office and is used by firms like KPMG, Deloitte, and BNP Paribas to make stylish slides in record time.
You’ll work closely with the Head of UK and Head of Business Development to seek out new business opportunities and start meaningful conversations with potential clients in the UK and beyond.
We leverage smart strategies and channels to deliver high impact results.
During your first year you’ll:
- Research companies, sectors and markets to optimise our approach
- Work closely with the senior business development team to strategise on key accounts, industries and geographies
- Define and implement intelligent outbound campaigns – email, phone, events and more
- Identify and target future key clients and contacts
- Secure initial meetings with senior executives and create new business opportunities
- Look for opportunities to innovate and optimise lead generation
This role will provide you with the knowledge and skills to become a successful business development professional and insight into the process of scaling-up a B2B tech business.
There are opportunities for progression within the business development team. This role also provides a great platform for a career in entrepreneurship, marketing, partnerships and growth.
- Minimum 2:1 or equivalent from a top-tier university or business school
- Entrepreneurial, determined and goal-driven team player
- Intelligent, analytical and curious
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Eligible to work in the UK
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience in sales, business development, partnerships, or marketing
- Familiarity with financial and professional services
- A second language
- Competitive salary of £32,000 p.a.
- Great opportunities for career progression within the business development team or into a career in entrepreneurship, marketing, partnerships and growth.
- International company with trips to Europe and the chance to collaborate with colleagues across three continents
- Amazing Central London offices – we’re currently working remotely due to COVID-19
- Regular social activities
- Type: Full time, permanent
Start date: Spring/Summer 2021
Upslide is a rapidly-growing, profitable and self-funded, tech startup whose mission is to help professionals work better.
Our software dramatically improves the functionality of Office. It’s used by firms like KPMG, Deloitte, and BNP Paribas to make stylish slides in record time. Today we are around 100 people across five offices in London, New York, Paris, Berlin and Singapore.