The Plum Guide is building a marketplace of the world’s best short term homes. For real!
We are taking a systematic and obsessive approach to testing every single rental home on the planet, and accepting only the top 1%.
We do so by putting every home through The Plum Test: a gruelling hospitality exam, which uses a mix of algorithms and physical visits by hospitality experts.
We launched in London in 2016. Since then, we have grown 20% month on month, vetted over 80,000 homes and reached over £11m in annualised sales. We are backed by an all-star cast investor group including Local Globe (TransferWise, OneFineStay, Citymapper), Octopus Ventures (Secret Escapes, Eve, Tails), BGF Ventures (Trouva, Roli, Gousto), Alex Chesterman (Founder of Zoopla), William Reeve (Founder of Love Film), Alex Saint and Troy Collins (Founders of Secret Escapes), Errol Damlin (Founder of Wonga) Jason Goodman (Founder of Albion) and many more.
We closed our Series A round of funding in late 2017. The objectives of this round are to take Plum global and continue to differentiate the brand and the experience for our Guests and Hosts.
We are looking for a rockstar to join our ambitious growth team as a Guest Sales Executive to help sell Plum homes in London, Paris, Milan, Rome, LA and New York. It would be fantastic if you know at least two of these cities well but is not required. It would be simply brilliant if you speak Italian or French, as well as marvellous English, is key.
Our Sales Team has been vital to our success so far and will continue to develop as one of our key USPs, not just selling to people, but also guiding them to find their ideal home.We are looking to grow this team with several new members as our business is growing. This includes roles which cover weekend and evening shifts as well as weekdays.
What you’ll be up to
Your responsibility will be to match guests with their perfect home. Here is what you can expect to be doing on a daily basis:
- Working from our Shoreditch office, you will respond to incoming guest enquiries via email, LiveChat, phone and WhatsApp.
- Answering Guest questions, guiding them with your local knowledge of our neighbourhoods and MatchMaking them with the homes that will deliver a perfect stay for their needs.
- Managing your own pipeline of leads and converting them into bookings.
- Hitting your personal KPIs and the collective Sales Team targets.
- Innovating and developing your sales techniques; contributing to team knowledge-sharing sessions; providing and learning from the team and peer feedback.
- Making every guest a Plum super fan and being an advocate for our brand by charming their socks off and giving them an incredible service.
Who we are looking for
This role requires a hungry and ambitious individual who finds the idea of working in one of the UK’s fastest growing start-ups exciting and motivating. Specifically, though you:
- Are a fluent English speaker ideally who also speaks fantastic French or immaculate Italian
- Have a working knowledge of at least two Plum cities
- Are a natural salesperson who has a gift for persuasion
- Love the thrill of the chase in closing leads
- Bring energy and love the hustle
- Are a true people’s person with great interpersonal skills
- Communicate stylishly and confidently
- Have a track record of consistently smashing targets
- Thrive on feedback to ensure you’re constantly growing as an individual
- Have a brilliant work ethic
- Are entrepreneurial by nature
- The opportunity to create something amazing. The Sales Team is in its infancy and it’s a key pillar of the business.
- Be surrounded by smart and hungry people in a passionate, friendly and transparent culture.
- Be one of the earliest team members of what we believe will be one of the most famous start-ups of the next 10 years.
- Help our guests find amazing homes and make amazing memories with their friends and families from all over the world