Sweatcoin — a digital currency rewarding physical activity and the fastest growing health & fitness app in history — is currently looking for a Head of Product reporting into the Founder in charge of product direction.
Sweatcoin was created with the goal of making the world more active! We have created a digital currency rewarding physical activity in its simplest form — steps. Steps are verified to avoid cheating and converted into Sweatcoins by a proprietary algorithm and a mobile app. Users can then spend Sweatcoins on products provided by more than 300 vendors accepting Sweatcoin as a means of payment.
The vision for Sweatcoin is to become a global, nation-state independent currency to facilitate value exchange between users (including user-to-user) and vendors and make a massive social impact along the way. Since Dec ’16, Sweatcoin has acquired more than 18m registered users with zero direct marketing spend, 4.6 m weekly active users and 1.2m Sweatcoin transactions processed in Jul ’18 alone. The business is revenue generating with a healthy upward trend.
It’s been top of the overall AppStore in the US, UK, Germany, Canada, Australia and the Netherlands, ahead of Nike, Fitbit, Strava and many more. But most importantly, it delivers on its mission to make people more physically active: even after 6 months from install it drives a sustainable + 19% uplift in physical activity.
SweatCo Ltd, the company behind the Sweatcoin currency, has successfully raised almost £6m in venture capital funding. The most recent £5.7m round, closed in December 2017, has been led by Goodwater Capital, a consumer technology focused Silicon Valley VC firm. Greylock Partners, Justin Kan, founder of Twitch and Justin.tv and Rain Lohmus, founder of LHV Bank, also participated in the round.
Sweatcoin (https://sweatco.in) has been covered by The New York Times, CBS, Forbes, Fortune, Reuters, Huffington Post, Daily Mail and many others.
The Head of Product role is a great opportunity to join Sweatcoin in making its next big leap from ~5M to 50M+ active users and achieving the vision of a global nation-state independent currency. As the first external product hire, the candidate will have a unique opportunity to become a key executive with a hand in pretty much all core business processes from product design to monetization strategies to blockchain.
Put simply, it rarely gets more exciting than this in terms of vision, product, scale and your ability to make a global impact!
The Dream Candidate
Our dream candidate should be a very special individual passionate about making the world a better working place.
On top of this, our dream candidate has the following rare ‘features’:
- Involvement in setting up and/or running a product development process in the business with millions of active mobile users
- Experience of developing an iconic, extraordinary consumer-facing product
- Unconventional approach to solving hard user problems through the use of smart phone, smart watch and beyond
- Edge in terms of design conventions and artistic trends
- Data- and hypothesis focus
- Good handle of mobile development stack
- Keen to balance user needs, business pressures and strategic imperatives
- Experience of managing teams across multiple geographies (a huge plus!)
- and yes, she or he likes physical activity!
- Good sense of humor
- Focused on learning self-improvement
- General erudition and curiosity
- Knows or does something others don’t
- Clear and engaging verbal and written communication taking into account cross-cultural diversity
- Familiarity with data analytics tools (Amplitude, Firebase, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Familiarity with the product development toolkit (Trello, Jira, Sketch)
- Familiarity with product marketing and user comms tools (Leanplum, Braze, UrbanAirship, etc.)
- Willing to conduct user research and have user empathy
- London-based and willing to travel the world
Standard set of responsibilities
- Collect, document and prioritize user stories/marketing/business requirements
- Conduct data analysis, market and user research to identify best practices and shape hypotheses on how best to address these requirements
- Develop proposed user journeys and final designs with the help of design/UX and development resource (or alone if skills and inclinations allow)
- Communicate results and ideas to the key decision makers
- Manage delivery process with the development team
- Develop clear set of success KPIs and ensure analytics tracking and/or AB testing prior to deployment
- Collate results and learnings and disseminate through the organization
- Keep up-to-date with latest technology trends