- STUCK in a big corporation, but always dreamed of working in a tech start up?
- WANT to become a motivation hacker, tackling one of the world’s biggest problems?
- BELIEVE you can use initiative to solve the core financial, strategic, and operational challenges a rapidly growing technology company?
THEN READ ON!
We at Sweatcoin are looking for our first finance hire. She (or he!) will be responsible for all core finance functions within the company, as well as for providing on-going analytical support and insights into all operational aspects of the business.
IF you have:
• Accounting certifications (ACCA, CIMA, etc.)
• 2-3 years of experience in Finance & Operations
• Proven experience of preparing and managing preparation of key financial statements and budgets
• Experience drafting and preparing detailed analytics reports and presentations (investors, internal stakeholders, etc.)
AND at the same time you have plenty of energy to share:
• Have a positive mindset and good sense of humour
• Aspiring to potentially grow beyond the financial function
• Strategic mindset with a keen appetite to tackle a broad array of business problems
• And most importantly, can convince yourself to work in an office with a view over the Thames and the Big Ben…
…THEN GET IN TOUCH!
• Base salary
• Semi-annual performance bonus
• Eligibility to stock options after 6 months of employment
These are the tasks that will require your attention:
- Development of robust, efficient and automated core accounting and finance processes, including preparation of management accounts including P&L, cash flow and balance sheet on a monthly basis, as well as preparation of financial and business forecasts
- Financial and business analytics including near real-time reporting of key performance indicators for the business and key metrics of operational success
- Day-to-day detailed financial management, reporting, and administration, including A/R & A/P, payroll and other HR-related processes, and cash management
- In cooperation with Founders, oversight of all the legal activities, both in-house and outsourced; identification, selection and liaison with external legal providers
- Administration of all invoicing, payments and bank accounts, accounts payable and accounts receivable in close cooperation with the Founders
- Maintaining of financial, business and data track record (e.g. legal trail of funding rounds, Board meetings, etc.)
- Full spectrum of administration and office management responsibilities, including assets tracking, real estate, lease, capital expenditure and other key contracts
- Support of Founders in managing and liaising with the investor, legal and broader business community
And finally – just a few words about us:
Sweatcoin has been created with the mission to motivate people to be more physically active and fight the obesity problem that costs global economy billions of dollars in direct costs every year, not mentioning the broader negative impact.
Sweatcoin started as a fitness app that converts steps into a virtually currency (“sweatcoins”) and has an internal marketplace that allows users to buy real goods and services with their sweatcoins. As of January 2018, there were more than 400 vendors in the UK, US and Canada accepting Sweatcoin as a means of payment. Currently Sweatcoin has over 11M downloads of which more than 4M users are logging into the app weekly.
SweatCo Ltd, the company behind the Sweatcoin currency, has successfully raised almost £5m in venture capital funding. The most recent £4.2m round, closed in December 2017, has been led by Goodwater Capital, a consumer technology focused Silicon Valley VC firm. Greylock Partners, Rubylight, Seedcamp, Justin Kan, founder of Twitch and Justin.tv and Rain Lohmus, founder of LHV Bank, also participated in the round.