Let's make software development universally accessible!
See the full job description here: https://stepsize.com/careers/frontend-engineer
💻 WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a frontend application engineer, you’ll be responsible for designing and implementing the application’s underlying logic.
You’ll work on a very modern codebase and use the latest technologies to solve complex problems. Fundamentally our product is about retrieving and consuming complex and varied information, and you’ll focus on fetching, structuring, and storing this data to deliver a great user experience. Relative to the stack, you’ll own everything between the view layer and our backend servers.
As Stepsize grows, we’re gradually moving towards a model of full stack micro-teams charged with defining and delivering projects from start to finish. This means that you’ll shape a range of projects by sharing your technical insights and product sensibility with the rest of the team throughout the ideation process. Prototypes you put together will play a key role in the process of converging onto a specific idea and design.
Some of the technologies you’ll work with:
- Redux, redux-observable & rxjs, React, React Router, recompose
- Jest, react-testing-library, BrowserStack, Rollbar, webpack
Basically, using modern technologies to assemble, filter and display complex data client-side is what you do for a living.
💼 Relevant work experience:
- Optimising the performance of complex applications
- Complex code
- Empowering users to retrieve or search for information
- Presenting data in visually appealing and appropriate ways
- Providing users with rich interaction models
- Implementing thorough user analytics that goes beyond surface interactions
📖 Technical knowledge
More than anything, you’ve shown an ability and hunger to pick up new technologies to get things done. Technology is a means to an end.
Relevant technologies and knowledge:
- UI frameworks (we use React)
- CSS flavours and frameworks (we use styled-components)
- Appreciation of design systems and their implementation in code
- Application state management (we use Redux)
- Event-driven programming (we use redux-observable)
- Application routing (we use React Router)
- Testing (unit, UI, integration, etc.)
We don’t require you to be familiar with all these things, but if the majority are foreign to you we’ll need to see strong evidence that this has occurred in the past and wasn’t a problem.
Note that these are the technologies we use today but they’ll evolve over time and you’ll contribute to this evolution.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://stepsize-1.workable.com/jobs/926023 →