We'll only accept candidates who apply via TalentPool!
Are you ambitious and fearless? Do you want to help grow communities and learn how world markets and industries work, within a world-class company that is market-leading for both content and technology? We’re looking for a Business Development Manager to join Reuters Events, a fast-growing business within Reuters, on a temp to perm basis.
If you want real responsibility, to be making a commercial impact from your first day and the opportunity to develop your career quickly, we’re interested in talking to you.
- Conduct consultative business development selling B2B conference sponsorship packages
- Work on an established brand with a strong database of existing contacts
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with new and existing global clients
- Identify and capitalise on new opportunities to generate revenue
- Work as part of a team to hit and exceed revenue targets
- Network with existing and prospective clients at international events
- Business development and consultative sales experience
- Experience in event sponsorship and conference sales, although not necessary but highly valuable (exhibitions, trade shows, confex)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An ability to understand client’s needs and adopt a tailored approach
- Hard working, adaptable and committed with an excellent phone work ethic
- Proactive, persuasive and confident
- As a global company, we can offer a truly international career and progression opportunities
- We have a dedicated training team focused on the continuous learning & development of our employees
- We offer competitive salary packages and market leading benefits
- The opportunity to work alongside Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists and a team who provide unmatched, award-winning coverage of the world’s most important stories
Established in 1990 as FCBI, Reuters Events was acquired by Reuters in 2019. We deliver world-class conferences and content across the globe, and work with industry leaders and visionaries to provide the critical intelligence senior level executives need to make strategic decisions.
Reuters Events brings together Reuters globally trusted brand, scale and editorial excellence aligned with domain expertise. We provide content-led conferences for professionals in highly specialised industry sectors to complement our extensive, in-depth content. Reuters Events exists to deliver the intelligence and foster the relationships that shape strategy and safeguard success at leading companies worldwide.
Reuters is the world’s largest multimedia news provider. Founded in 1851, we are committed to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias. With unmatched coverage in over 16 languages, and reaching billions of people worldwide every day, Reuters provides trusted intelligence that powers humans and machines to make smart decisions. We supply business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world’s media organisations, industry events and directly to consumers.