This start-up is powering the transport revolution. Want to be integral in helping make this happen? Then this is the role for you.
Are you the one who can forever change the transport and infrastructure industries?
Hack Partners are looking for a pro-active Office Manager and Personal Assistant to support the team, assist with the company’s operations and human resource processes, handle accounts receivable and payable, optimise processes, and help the Managing Director with day-to-day activities of running the business.
They are a team of 15 passionate software engineers, data scientists and product managers who love building cutting-edge technology for real-world industries (hence their focus on Rail!) – if this sounds like something you’d be interested in, read on.
What will you be doing?
- Ensure that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Support project managers in liaising with suppliers when needed and update financial records
- Manage expense reimbursements
- Assist in the recruitment and onboarding process for new hires and leavers
- Ensure that the company’s policies are kept up to date (data protection, health & safety, information security, equality & diversity etc.)
- Support some of the other HR functions such as as payroll, maintaining employee records, assisting with appraisals, performance reviews and disciplinary actions
- Plan in-house and off-site activities, like team days and company events
- Assist with the employee travel arrangements
- Maintain the office condition, update and monitor company’s equipment inventory and order additional office and project equipment if needed
- Implement and maintain procedures/office administrative systems
- Answering queries incoming via email, company’s website and social media
The key details
📍 This is a hybrid role – 3 days a week in their King’s Cross office
💰 £32-£40,000, depending on experience
⏰ This role could be part-time, if needed
Who are they looking for?
You must have at least 80% of the below…
- 5 years of experience as Office Manager/Operations Manager/Personal or Executive Assistant
- Experience with accounts payable/receivable and financial reporting
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Being well organised, proactive, having initiative and able to work independently/under a minimal supervision
These are the nice-to-haves…
- Experience working in startup environment
- Experience working in a Technology SME
The exciting bits!
What do you get?
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on society – after all, transport is a key social utility and enabler of society – Hack Partners build products that matter
- Private healthcare and benefits package
- Statutory pension
- Discretionary bonus, subject to business performance
- 28 days holiday, including bank holidays
- Discretionary Directors holidays
- Company away days
- Flexible working style
- Shape the future of the firm – they’re very inclusive and open
- Work in an environment that values people first
The interview process
- Apply via Feisty, so your CV will be sent straight to the COO
- Initial screening
- Interview with MD
- Meet the team
More about Hack Partners
Hack Partners develops cutting-edge software designed to help a world on the move, move better. Their expertise in AI, Automation, Analytics, and Image Processing is already helping the railway system in the UK – one of the world’s most demanding – improve operational performance, efficiency, and safety by finding or predicting potential hazards and incidents before they cause delays or incidents.
Based in London, Hack Partners is rapidly extending their platform to railway systems across the UK and use cases beyond rail transport, and looks forward to growing their footprint on a global scale.