Website Oakam Ltd
We are an online micro-lender helping underbanked, overlooked, consumers onto and up the credit ladder. Powered by the growing prevalence of the smartphone, we’re working to make consumer credit more inclusive and affordable for those who need it most.
In the UK alone we provide fair access to credit to 12m migrants and working poor; we have originated around half a million loans to 155,000 unique customers and provided funds of over £350 million to financially excluded communities.
Our app and our smart-phone based scoring model interpret and use alternative data in underwriting, risk management and customer engagement. We believe that technology should enhance customer service, offering a commitment to quality service, convenient access, and financial empowerment.
Our plan is to grow by 10x and expand to Sub-Saharan Africa over the next 2 years. Our core team has been carefully selected from top companies like Barclays, JP Morgan and Finastra to lead us to the next phase of growth. We are looking for a superb Head of Mobile to own the entire mobile architecture, deployment, payment plan of cloud offering – Azure.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with the CTO, you will be:
- Overseeing large-scale, high-availability Azure Cloud architecture solutions involving multi-region deployment
- Working closely with the business to translate business needs into working software
- Planning, coordinating and controlling of incoming requirements and managing product backlog and versions using SCRUM/Agile methodology
- Conducting UAT, product acceptance testing and verify required functionality was developed and implemented as per business requirements
- Regularly liaising with R&D, QA, Delivery and Business about progress, priorities and timescales
- Initiating, coordinating and enforcing systems, policies and procedures
Who you are:
You are a hands-on leader and happy to step into the detail when needed
- You have at least 5 years of experience in Mobile development – iOS or Android
- You are proficient with RESTful APIs
- You are proficient in one of Flutter or ReactNative
- You have experience working in Agile (Scrum/XP)
- You have highly analytical skills and you are able to solve problems
- You have great written and oral communication skills
- You have expertise on authentication using OAuth2 and OpenID Connect JWT Token
- You are proficient in API development using Firebase