Website Oakam Ltd
We are an online micro-lender helping underbanked, overlooked, consumers onto and up the credit ladder. Powered by the growing prevalence of the smartphone, we’re working to make consumer credit more inclusive and affordable for those who need it most.
In the UK alone we provide fair access to credit to 12m migrants and working poor; we have originated around half a million loans to 155,000 unique customers and provided funds of over £350 million to financially excluded communities.
Our app and our smart-phone based scoring model interpret and use alternative data in underwriting, risk management and customer engagement. We believe that technology should enhance customer service, offering a commitment to quality service, convenient access, and financial empowerment.
Our plan is to grow by 10x and expand to Sub-Saharan Africa over the next 2 years. Our core team has been carefully selected from top companies like Barclays, JP Morgan and Finastra to lead us to the next phase of growth. We are looking for a Growth & Acquisition Marketing Manager to drive growth to our portfolio.
What you’ll do:
- Manage, optimise and expand Oakam’s Paid search campaigns through both Adwords and Microsoft Advertising
- Manage, optimise and expand Oakam’s display and VOD (video-on-demand) campaigns, both through direct campaigns via Adwords / Facebook / Microsoft Advertising and exploring expansion opportunities via additional display networks or a Demand Side Platform
- Manage marketing budgets and rationalize activity and spend back with Finance
- Analyse performance data, identify trends and provide insights in order to achieve maximum ROI across campaigns
- Continuously enhance reporting and communicating progress and performance updates across all business levels.
- Track, report, and analyse initiatives through from front end digital engagement metrics to internal conversion metrics and life-time value
- Manage multi-language media campaigns Expand Oakam community penetration through multi language campaigns and local search activity
- Compile and manage seasonal activity and testing calendar
- Assess market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products.
- Monitor and report on Oakam performance and competitor activity
- Work with our communications agency and internal copywriter to communicate our corporate story to various stakeholders increasing our brand awareness
Who you are:
- Experience and practice in using digital marketing tools including but not limited to: Google Adwords, Microsoft Advertising, Google analytics, Google search console, Google tag manager, Places for business, Moz, SEMrush and Screaming Frog
- Experience of marketing in a regulated environment
- Experience in Local search would be advantageous
- Experience in consumer finance
- Ability to continuously demonstrate innovation and initiative and translate these into growth strategies and tactics
- You are collaborative and able to work with internal and external stakeholders including managing multiple agencies
- You have a mix of creative and analytical skills with strong bias to action/execution.
- You are highly organised and get things done with excellent project management skills
- You are highly analytical and have experience dealing with large data sets, budgeting and forecasting