We are a digital micro-lender helping underbanked, overlooked, consumers onto and up the credit ladder. Powered by the growing prevalence of the smartphone, we’re working to make consumer credit more inclusive and affordable for those who need it most.
Backed by leading European and US fintech investors, we are accelerating financial inclusion through data; cutting costs for our customers and improving the quality of financial services. In the UK alone we provide fair access to credit to 12m migrants and working poor; we have originated around half a million loans to 155,000 unique customers and provided funds of over £323 million to financially excluded communities.
Our app and our smart-phone based scoring model interpret and use alternative data in underwriting, risk management and customer engagement. By operating outside the traditional financial services system, we serve the underbanked whilst giving people access to the financial system.
We believe that technology should enhance customer service, offering a commitment to quality service, convenient access, and financial empowerment.
We are based in Central London and have talented teams working from across the globe: China, Mexico and Europe. As we embark on our next phase of growth in the UK and expand to Sub-Saharan Africa.
We are looking for a superb VP of Engineering to own and grow our platform as we prepare for 10x growth in lending in the UK, and for international expansion. You are a builder: you have successfully founded a company or worked closely with great founders. You’re comfortable with complex systems, know how to balance regulatory and product requirements, and have hired and led great engineers. You have a resourceful hacker mentality but build systems that are maintainable and scalable.
You will be a key member of the leadership team, report directly to the CEO, and work closely with the Chief Product Officer.
- Define and implement a robust and flexible overall technical architecture
- Develop and embed a great engineering culture and standards
- Scale the engineering organisation
- Build a platform that can support and drive rapid growth in # customers, # loans, and country-specific rollouts
- Own the entire engineering organization: Development, DevOps, Infrastructure and Business Intelligence.
- You will have complete ownership over recruiting, retention, team structure, technical roadmaps, engineering process and practices, and outcomes.
- Strike the right balance between new product/feature development and paying down technical debt through refactoring/re-writes/re-architecture
- Build, maintain, advocate and execute the technical roadmap in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Ensure new functionality is built with effective, scalable technologies.
- Partner with the Chief Product Officer to ensure our product and technical architecture is modular and flexible enough to support our ambitions
Who you are:
- You understand technology and can effectively challenge to come up with the right architectural choices
- You are an excellent people manager, mentor and leader, able to motivate and inspire your team to deliver and work on their personal and professional development
- You are analytical and systematic in your approach, and make decisions (e.g. whether to build something in-house, re-use open source, or buy a commercial product/service) by evaluating the technical and commercial pros and cons
- You have excellent communication skills, and are able to translate technical language to non-technical stakeholders
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://oakam.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/view.php?id=17 →