We are a digital micro-lender helping underbanked, overlooked, consumers onto and up the credit ladder. Powered by the growing prevalence of the smartphone, we’re working to make consumer credit more inclusive and affordable for those who need it most.
Backed by leading European and US fintech investors, we are accelerating financial inclusion through data; cutting costs for our customers and improving the quality of financial services. In the UK alone we provide fair access to credit to 12m migrants and working poor; we have originated around half a million loans to 155,000 unique customers and provided funds of over £323 million to financially excluded communities.
Our app and our smart-phone based scoring model interpret and use alternative data in underwriting, risk management and customer engagement. By operating outside the traditional financial services system we serve the underbanked whilst giving people access to the financial system.
We believe that technology should enhance customer service, offering a commitment to quality service, convenient access, and financial empowerment.
We are based in Central London and have talented teams working from across the globe: China, Mexico and Europe. As we embark on our next phase of growth in the UK and expand to Sub-Saharan Africa, we are looking for talented Senior Data Scientists to help us building, refining an implementing scorecards and machine learning models to improve our customer journeys.
You will build models to:
- To predict our customers’ behaviours
- Detect fraudulent online applications
- Predict which customers are likely to be receptive to an offer for a new loan or an increase in loan amount
- You will use NLP to identify opportunities to serve customers better by automating certain types of conversations.
Who you are:
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Maths, Physics, or similar
- You have an understanding of the theory behind machine learning and statistical modelling
- You have experience building predictive models using either Python or R
- You are able to proactively identify opportunities where models/computation can replace or redefine real business problems, i.e. you won’t wait for someone to tell you what to model
- You communicate effectively about complex models to smart but non-technical colleagues
- You are interested in applying machine learning to improve access to finance
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://oakam.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/view.php?id=10 →