FinTech micro-lender on a mission for financial inclusion
We are an online micro-lender helping underbanked, overlooked, consumers onto and up the credit ladder. Powered by the growing prevalence of the smartphone, we’re working to make consumer credit more inclusive and affordable for those who need it most.
In the UK alone we provide fair access to credit to 12m migrants and working poor; we have originated around half a million loans to 155,000 unique customers and provided funds of over £350 million to financially excluded communities.
Our app and our smart-phone based scoring model interpret and use alternative data in underwriting, risk management and customer engagement. We believe that technology should enhance customer service, offering a commitment to quality service, convenient access, and financial empowerment.
Our plan is to grow by 10x and expand to Sub-Saharan Africa over the next 2 years. Our core team has been carefully selected from top companies like Barclays, JP Morgan and Finastra to lead us to the next phase of growth. We are now looking for a Product Manager to make massive improvements in how we serve customers.
What you’ll do:
- Own the roadmap for internal tools, platform and systems. Understand data and processes used across multiple platforms and tools to deliver a product roadmap that deliver automation.
- Drive business efficiency and automation levels.
Support consumer facing products capability through expanding backend systems
- Drive consensus on prioritisation of features and other development, through a strong focus on objectives and metrics
- Smooth the work of UX and Engineering colleagues by making requirements and metrics clear, through a mixture of rough mockups, answering questions, user story engagements and whatever else it takes to ensure clarity
- Working with your product team to define annual and quarterly objectives and key results (OKRs), to ensure alignment within the team on what you would like to achieve
- Define and implement an overall vision and roadmap for your product, which provides a high level of what you expect to build to achieve your OKRs
- Partner with engineering to ensure new functionality is built in scalable and flexible ways
Who you are:
- 2 to 10 years’ experience as a Product Manager at a tech company
- You have acute analytical skills and able to find solutions to complex problems
- Excellent and clear communicator, when writing or speaking
- Self-motivated and organised: you never wait for someone to tell you what to do next
- Creative and entrepreneurial: you are always looking for the most efficient path to reach your objectives, both in terms of colleagues’ effort and in terms of cost
- Understand technology/coding well enough to challenge engineers and propose ideas for better ways of building things
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://oakam.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=46 →