Would you love to inspire & teach others about software engineering? Want to help shape the careers of young professionals? Join this EdTech and develop your skills to become a Coach – full training provided!
Driven by a social mission, the Coaches at Multiverse are developing a diverse group of future leaders by offering an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training via professional apprenticeships. Join the team and make an impact!
So what’s the job? 👀
As an Associate Coach, you benefit from 3 months training at the Multiverse Coach Academy, developing both your technical, coaching, and teaching skills.
You will have the opportunity to shadow their existing coaches to see how they deliver, learn the curriculum, and get involved in interacting and meeting apprentices as Teaching Assistants within the sessions their coaches deliver.
After completing the 3-month training you will develop into a fully-fledged Coach where you will be coaching and mentoring 40-60 learners through their apprenticeship, introducing them to technical skills specific to their program, but also softer skills to help them navigate through the working world.
The Coach role allows you to develop your own experience (they have a highly experienced team) as well as in teaching/mentoring, whilst helping develop a diverse group of future leaders.
Your role will be delivering a mixture of small group workshops and boot camps plus one-to-one sessions, and supporting apprentices across incredibly exciting businesses to become the next generation of data leaders.
If you love inspiring and teaching others about software engineering, get a buzz from seeing young professionals develop and learn new skills, and truly care about building the next generation of developers, this is the role for you!
What does the Programme I would be teaching once trained look like? ✏️
Great question! You will be delivering a BCS Level 4 Software Developer apprenticeship program. For more information, here is a link to the BCS standards: https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/software-developer/
Do I fit the bill? 🕵️
- Passionate about teaching and love the detail of developing an effective learning experience
- A player-coach: you can provide guidance, support, and encouragement harnessing your experience to support people to kick start their career in software development
- Bonus if you have knowledge/experience in Node.js, React, Java, or any object-oriented program language.
- You believe in the principles of applied learning: it’s all about developing the knowledge, skills, and behaviours in a way that can be used in a real context, straightaway
- You are a team player – part of the coach’s responsibility is to work with the team at Multiverse and clients to ensure apprentices are meeting the expectations of their employer and the qualification
- You are all about social mobility. Helping young people whatever their background to master the foundations of software development
What can I expect in terms of progression? 🚀
There are many paths you can choose to go down at Multiverse from being an Individual Contributor where you are a subject matter expert and getting more heavily involved in helping to develop the program/ curriculum as the company continues to scale. Or if you are wanting to manage in the future there is a pathway to becoming a Team Lead where you will lead and build amazing coaching teams.
The exciting bits! ⭐
- 3 months of training & support from experienced coaches to fast track you into the role 🚀
- 27 days holiday 🏝 (3 days are used for our December company switch off)
- 4 M-powered Days 🙌 – one day per quarter where they collectively switch off and prioritise well-being
- 1 Life Event Day 📆 (can be for your birthday, moving house, getting a puppy…)
- 1 Volunteer Day to support a charitable cause 🎗
- A hybrid working model meaning you can work from home visiting the London Office once a month 🏠
- Private Medical Insurance 🏥 with Bupa
- Medical cashback scheme with Medicash
- Life Insurance with YuLife
- Cycle to work scheme 🚴🏽♀️
- Spill 🌱 all in one mental health support
- Employer pension contributions of 3% on capped pensionable earnings
- Socials 🍻 and more!!
The key details
📍 Remote/ hybrid working, which means you can work from home but you must be able to commute to the London (Baker Street) once a month
💰 Starting salary of £40K per annum. Once you have completed the 3-month academy program you will be eligible for the £12K bonus (paid quarterly). After successfully completing your 6 month probation period, you would move to the full coach salary.
What’s the team like?
“Our coaching team is an incredible mix of industry experts and former teachers bringing a blend of teaching and facilitation expertise and recent practical experience to ensure apprentices benefit from learning how to apply the theoretical into practical applied learning.”
“We’re a team that thrives on each other’s different experiences, skills and ideas. Every day you’ll work and learn with great people as you challenge each other to achieve something incredible”
🌍 Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at Multiverse
“We’re an equal opportunities employer. And proud of it. Every applicant and employee is afforded the same opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. This will never change.”
“All posts in Multiverse involve some degree of responsibility for safeguarding. Successful applicants are required to complete a Disclosure Form from the Disclosure and Barring Service (“DBS”) for the position. Failure to declare any convictions (that are not subject to DBS filtering) may disqualify a candidate for appointment or result in summary dismissal if the discrepancy comes to light subsequently.”