We'll only accept candidates who apply via TalentPool!
We are looking for individuals with some experience in project management and/or teaching or mentoring to join our 3 month training program and become fully fledged Project Management Coaches.
Shadowing our existing coaches, you will learn core coaching & facilitation skills as well as building your subject knowledge to then be ready to coach our learners who are either at the start of their careers or established professionals looking to upskill.
We are a tech startup on a mission! We’re tearing down a broken system and building an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training.
Our professional apprenticeships open up many career opportunities for young adults and those looking to upskill – all while helping businesses embrace digital transformation and build a truly diverse talent pipeline.
We measure potential beyond academic results. Working closely with community partners, we can reach candidates from underrepresented backgrounds – building a route to boardroom for a diverse group of future leaders.
Already one of the fastest growing startups in Europe, we recently landed in the US too. Now working with more than 300 companies – including Facebook, Morgan Stanley and Microsoft – we’re looking for fresh talent to take us to the next level.
Here, you’ll be part of something bigger. Unlocking opportunities for all, you’ll help solve some of society’s most pressing issues, be empowered by those around you, and never stop growing your skills.
The role and training
As an Associate Project Management Coach you will join our company Academy to train as a coach and facilitator and build your subject knowledge over 3 months.
Your training will include:
- Shadowing our existing coaches to see how they facilitate group training sessions and coach one-to-one and in small groups.
- Learning core skills that will make you successful in the role e.g. using data to support apprentice progress, managing your time and building relationships.
- Building your brand as a Project Management Coach so you can deliver confidently and credibly to apprentices.
- Once completing your training, you will graduate from the Academy as a fully-fledged Project Management Coach in our Project Management Programme team and start working with your group of 40 apprentices!
The Project Management Coach role is an incredibly rewarding role where you will be instrumental in developing your apprentices to become the next generation of changemakers in their organisations.
Our Project Management programme is delivered over 15 months across 10 modules. In each module you’ll be delivering a mixture of group workshops, one to one and small group coaching sessions. Apprentices will also undertake an exam through Association of Project Management (APM) to achieve their Project Management Qualification (PMQ).
Requirements – About you
Some experience (preferably 1+ years) in any 2 of the following areas:
- Managing end to end projects in a business setting
- Teaching or training others
- Coaching/mentoring or volunteering experience
The ideal candidate would:
- Have some experience of managing projects or programmes within the workplace (formal PM qualifications not needed).
- Projects could be a part of your day-to-day role or something you do on a more cyclical basis (e.g. annual staff survey, end of quarter audit etc).
- Know what it’s like to navigate your way around an organisation and the common challenges faced in the workplace.
- Be able to show your passion for developing yourself and others – your CV should show a story of continuous personal development and how you help develop others through activities such as mentoring.
- Have some experience of facilitating groups would be advantageous but not essential.
- Believe passionately in social mobility and the development of talent.
Benefits – The good stuff
- 27 holiday days (three are used for our December switch off)
- 1 Life Event Day (think birthdays, moving days, or getting a puppy days)
- 1 Volunteer Day to support a charitable cause
- Flexible, hybrid working with weekly or monthly office visits
- Private Medical Insurance with Bupa
- Medical cash back scheme with Medicash
- Life Insurance with YuLife
- Cycle to work scheme
- All in one mental health support from Spill
- Employer pension contributions of 3% on capped pensionable earnings
- Socials and so much more!
Location: Remote working with regular visits to London office (Baker Street). You should expect to be in the London office around 1-2 times a month.
Our commitment to inclusivity
We’re an equal opportunities employer. And proud of it. Every applicant and employee is afforded the same opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. This will never change.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls (usually zoom). For successful candidates who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day.
All posts at our company involve some degree of responsibility for safeguarding. Successful applicants are required to complete a Disclosure Form from the Disclosure and Barring Service (“DBS”) for the position. Failure to declare any convictions (that are not subject to DBS filtering) may disqualify a candidate for appointment or result in summary dismissal if the discrepancy comes to light subsequently.