We are looking for Data For Business Coaches with a passion for data and strong communication skills to deliver training and coaching for our apprentices as they progress through our Data Literacy Programme. You will help them to become more confident in navigating the data landscape and using data to inform business decisions.
We are a tech startup on a mission and one of the fastest growing companies in Europe. We’re building an outstanding alternative to university and corporate training, to develop a diverse group of future leaders. Our unique apprenticeships serve as an alternative to the traditional college and university system. Our impact focuses on three primary areas: measuring potential beyond academics to recruit apprentices, delivering world-class job-focused training via applied learning programs, and helping diverse groups of young people build social capital and strong networks through a thriving community both on and offline.
In Europe we are expanding rapidly and already work with over 300 clients including Facebook, Morgan Stanley, KPMG, Kantar, Citi and Microsoft.
2021 is going to be big.
As a company we have big plans, to continue our expansion and growth in the UK, but also launching our programs in the US this spring. We want to build an iconic company that becomes one of the great European businesses of our generation.
To kick start the year we announced our Series B funding round. At $44 million, it’s the largest venture raise from a UK EdTech company in history. The round, which was led by General Catalyst, also features GV (Google Ventures), and includes Audacious Ventures, Latitude and SemperVirens. Index Ventures and Lightspeed Venture Partners, who contributed to a $16 million Series A investment last year, also participated in the round.
We are looking for Data For Business Coaches to help facilitate our data literacy programme. You would be guiding people at different stages of their career to become more data-driven in their role and learn how data and insight can be harnessed. The programme enables apprentices to accelerate their growth while at the same time helping businesses navigate digital transformation and use data to inform insight.
As a Data For Business Coach, you will be responsible for your own cohort of apprentices, ensuring they develop into successful professionals. Your role will be a mixture of facilitating group and one to one coaching sessions and delivering taught workshops to support apprentices with their data and business skills development.
- The data literacy programme is a 13 month apprenticeship aimed at anyone who uses data in a business setting.
- The programme is designed to enable people to use data more effectively, impactfully and efficiently in their job.
- The course is delivered through a series of 11 modules and monthly coaching sessions and is focused on applied learning to build data skills, confidence and business leadership.
Why join the Data For Business Team
You will be joining a passionate, pioneering, small but rapidly growing team made up of unique individuals from business and analytics experts to scientists and PhD graduates.
You will be surrounded by a group of coaches with distinctive skills and interests that promote knowledge sharing and supporting each other. The team is brought together by a common vision of striving for equal access and opportunity to the best careers in business.
What you bring
- Passion for data and the opportunity to share the power of its use in a business setting.
- Strong communication skills honed from experience in hosting and facilitating group discussions.
- Desire to have a positive impact in developing others.
Some experience (preferably 2+ years) in any of the following areas:
- excel and/or PowerBI.
- teaching, tutoring, knowledge sharing or training others.
- developing others through advising, supervising, coaching, mentoring or managing individuals.
- using data in business and commercial settings to drive decisions
Benefits – What’s in it for you?
- 27 days holiday (3 days are used for our December company switch off)
- Hybrid working model with monthly office visits to MV HQ in Baker Street, London
- 1 Life Event Day (can be for your birthday, moving house, getting a puppy…)
- 1 Volunteer Day to support a charitable cause
- Private Medical Insurance with Bupa
- Medical cash back scheme with Medicash
- Life Insurance with YuLife
- Cycle to work scheme
- Spill, all in one mental health support
- Employer pension contributions of 3% on capped pensionable earnings
- Socials and more!!
Location: Remote working with regular visits to London office (Baker Street). Coaches should expect to be in the London office around 1-2 times a month.
Our commitment to inclusivity
We’re an equal opportunities employer. And proud of it. Every applicant and employee is afforded the same opportunities regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. This will never change.
Covid-19 and hiring
As we navigate through this pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls (usually zoom). For successful candidates who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging and (for the time being) a remote onboarding experience. We also take care to make sure all of your equipment will be sent to you by courier, so you are ready for your first day.