Customer Service Associate
Everyone deserves a job they love. At Makers, our mission is to transform lives, accelerating the careers of tech professionals by integrating education & employment.
You deserve a job you love. And this one is about delighting our customers!
This role is all about delivering amazing customer service, whether by phone, email or chat. No previous knowledge of coding is required.
You’ll have a genuine say in the way the business is run, and the environment in which you work. You’ll be encouraged to identify problems and solve them; and to seek out new opportunities and pursue them. In short, you’ll have a voice that will be heard and valued.
Reporting to: Head of Marketing
What you’ll be doing:
Makers is expanding fast. So many people are now inspired to transform their lives and learn to code. With higher numbers of people contacting us than ever before, we want to provide them with an outstanding service from the moment they reach out to us, whether by phone, email or chat.
- You’ll be the first point of contact for any prospective students so we can look after them in the best possible way; and represent the Makers brand, whether by phone, email, over chat or in person.
- You’ll be going the extra mile to help whoever gets in touch, whether it’s about learning to code, or any other enquiry.
- You’ll be the voice of our prospective students within Makers, working with your marketing team colleagues to keep improving how we communicate externally, and with our admissions team to assist in the initial stage of selection.
- You’ll be a source of knowledge about Makers, our industry, our courses and how to identify people who are right for our different products – don’t worry, we’ll train you to become knowledgeable.
- Over time, you’ll also have the opportunity to help scale our systems and processes based on customer feedback, in order to keep delivering an outstanding service whatever the volume of requests we get.
Success in this role looks like:
- Outstanding feedback from prospective students by understanding not only all about Makers, but our market overall and their needs
- Managing the volume of work by being well organised
- Making improvements to our systems and processes by creating well-crafted content for emails and FAQs in partnership with the marketing team
- Assisting with the initial stages of selection for our admissions team.
- Working in a company that’s built on trust over fear with a core mission to transform lives;
- Growing as a person, by learning transparency, vulnerability, the growth mindset, emotional intelligence, perhaps some hard truths about yourself, and how to give and receive feedback honestly and productively;
- Able to join yoga and meditation sessions run for the students;
- Join a scaling company that’s evolving all the time;
- We have a minimum holiday policy, rather than a maximum – we encourage our team to take at least 28 days a year;
- Private Medical Insurance (after you’ve been with us at least 3 months);
- A Perkbox account, including significant discounts on products, experiences and things like gym membership;
- Being surrounded by a diverse group of bright, motivated people, who all really care about doing the very best they can for our students, for our hiring partners and for each others.
- Location: Our campus in Spitalfields, London.
- Salary: We’ll offer in the region of £25,000, depending on previous (relevant) experience. After a year in the role, you’ll be encouraged to set your own salary at least once a year (how do I set my own salary?)
- Application with questionnaire (and ideally, CV/LinkedIn)
- Phone Interview
- Face-to-face interview with COO & Head of Marketing
- Face-to-face interview with Marketing & Admissions
- Face-to-face interview with our Head of People and our CEO
We’re building a working environment (and recruitment process) where everyone feels welcome and included – we think we’re doing a good job of that so far, but we know can do a lot better, and we’re committed to learning what more we can do to improve. If reading this job description has given you any doubt about whether you’d feel welcome or included at Makers, first, we’re really sorry; and second, we’d really like to hear from you about it, so we don’t do it again.
At Makers, we are inspired by the idea of discovering and unlocking tech skills potential in people for the benefit of business and society. We combine tech education with employment possibilities that transform lives.
Founded in 2013, we’ve helped more than 1,500 people begin a new career in software and have been building long-term relationships with tech employers big and small.